ComicBase Archive Edition 2020 Issues/Questions

Christopher M. Evans

Need to know how to resolve:

• When you add (manually or scan) a new title, the new title does not show up when selecting 'Titles' icon and then "Titles in Stock".  When you relaunch, titles still do not show for "Titles in Stock".  If you search for "All Titles" you can view what is added.
  • Ctrl+I --> "Lookup..."  button --> enter 'Title' / user was able to select multiple comic issue numbers by using Ctl or Ctl+Shift, will this functionality be added back?
  • Sometimes when you exit the program, it freezes.

When you add (manually or scan) a new title, the new title does not show up when selecting 'Titles' icon and then "Titles in Stock".  When you relaunch, titles still do not show for "Titles in Stock".  If you search for "All Titles" you can view what is added.

Run File Tools->Rebuild Lists Series Information.

I think the way CB works now is using 'static' lists (at least this is the easiest way to explain). Just adding a new Title doesn't automatically update these static lists.  Rebuilding Series information appears to update them.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Was there any resolution to the issue selection and inputting multiple issues?  I can highlight them, but when I hit enter to go to update them all, I only get a pop-up for the last selected issue.  This wasn't a problem until I upgraded to 2020 this week.  This is definitely going to make my workflow slower.

Thanks.

Just an FYI. CB 2020 was written in a new programming language using a new database. Pretty much a complete re-write of the code.

Due to this, not all features or ways of workings of prior program versions could not be implemented (or implemented exactly the same).

This is just me saying this (not HC) but as they get more familiar with the programming with the new products some of the old features/ways of doing things may get put back. However, it is possible that some won't.

26 minutes ago, Steven L. Dasinger said:

Just an FYI. CB 2020 was written in a new programming language using a new database. Pretty much a complete re-write of the code.

Due to this, not all features or ways of workings of prior program versions could not be implemented (or implemented exactly the same).

This is just me saying this (not HC) but as they get more familiar with the programming with the new products some of the old features/ways of doing things may get put back. However, it is possible that some won't.

We are getting used to the new programming, but some features are useful like Ctrl+I --> "Lookup..."  button --> enter 'Title' / user was able to select multiple comic issue numbers by using Ctl or Ctl+Shift