Trouble with Crystal Reports

Mark Haseltine

I recently moved my ComcBase installation to a new PC running Windows 10.  I am using the latest version of Windows and ComicBase.

When I try to run a report I get the attached error message.  I have tried following these instructions by downloading and installing Crystal Reports and continue to get the same error.

Is there any way to troubleshoot this?

unnamed.png

Here are instructions from another post here:

https://forums.comicbase.com/index.php?/topic/966-installation-error-from-crystal-reports/&tab=comments#comment-3357

Quit ComicBase, if you currently have it open.

Uninstall your ComicBase 2021 Edition from your Windows Start Menu (Settings>App list)

Temporarily turn off any security/anti-virus software that might interfere with the installation of system files. THIS IS IMPORTANT (and usually the cause of the trouble in the first place).

Download and install this Crystal Reports service pack zip file from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/664lc3oo6iwhqit/CR13SP29Redist32_0-10010309.ZIP?dl=1

Inside the Zip File will be the CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_29.msi file; copy/extract out this file to your desktop.

Double-click on the CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_29.msi file to install it which will fix the Crystal Reports component problem.

Lastly, reinstall ComicBase 2021.

The only difference is these instructions have you uninstalling CB, running the Crystal Report fix, and then reinstalling CB.

PS When uninstalling CB, there is also ComicBase xxxx Resources. I don't know if you need to uninstall that or not, but I would go ahead and Uninstall it at the same time. It will be put back when you reinstall CB.

• 4 months later...

I tried to Dl the Crystal reports and the newest edition of comic base express which is 22. After uninstall and reboot and reinstall still not working. Tried tech support for my machine and they are at a loss. They did things way above my head and they can't find an error with the machine as to why it won't work.