Import Excel List

Hello. I'm brand new to ComicBase (and databases in general) and appreciate your advice in advance for a couple of questions I have.

1) I have my entire comic book collection (over 6,600 comics) in an Excel spreadsheet. Is it possible for me to import the data from that spreadsheet into ComicBase? If so, how would I do that?

2) Can I make a database that only has listings that I have, and would that make it run better? I don't purchase any new comics (stopped buying comics in mid 90's) and am only now and then purchasing older comics to fill in gaps. If so, how would I do that?

Thank you.

Kurt, I'm not sure about importing from a spreadsheet, but I suspect that might now be possible.  I'll defer to someone knowledgeable about the inner workings to answer that.

Regarding your second question, I think you can use the View button at the top of the screen to change the view to only the listings that you have.  Select View>Items to Show>Owned Items.  In earlier versions of CB you could delete unowned items from your database, but with 2020 I think you can only remove them from your view.  I hope this helps.

r/

Mike

22 hours ago, Kurt D. Koester said:

Hello. I'm brand new to ComicBase (and databases in general) and appreciate your advice in advance for a couple of questions I have.

1) I have my entire comic book collection (over 6,600 comics) in an Excel spreadsheet. Is it possible for me to import the data from that spreadsheet into ComicBase? If so, how would I do that?

2) Can I make a database that only has listings that I have, and would that make it run better? I don't purchase any new comics (stopped buying comics in mid 90's) and am only now and then purchasing older comics to fill in gaps. If so, how would I do that?

Thank you.

-you'll need to convert your info into a tab separated txt file. Needed info to pull of a minimal import (title name, issue number, qty in stock, condition). Feel free to email our support team directly if you have further questions.

-you can create a new database under the file menu if you need to catalog a different collection.