2160 pixel tall cover images being replaced by 1025 pixel versions

Brian Price

I installed ComicBase on a new computer on January 4th.  I have the 4K Archive license.  I used the Quick Start version of the pictures, and everything seemed to work fine.  As I was browsing through covers yesterday, I noticed all the covers were on the smallish side, including ones that I knew should be larger.  I have a 1600 pixel tall screen, and the cover images filled about 2/3 of the screen height.  I went through the picture folders and found cover images that had a 2160 pixel height, but when I navigate to them in ComicBase with the "Automatically download larger pictures when viewing items" option checked, the program would replace them with the smaller 1025 pixel tall version.  When I unchecked the "Automatically download larger pictures when viewing items" option, I could view the larger image in ComicBase, but as a test I deleted it and manually downloaded it and got the 1025 pixel tall version again.  I'm running v22.0.0.1435 on my main system, but I also observed the same behavior on my laptop running v22.0.0.1435. 

By the time I got to the registrations page, the version was up to v1452.  I installed it, but still get the same results: any image taller than 1025 pixels gets replaced with a 1025 pixel tall version.  I installed v1452 on both of my systems, one which is running Windows 11 and the other which is running Windows 10, and observe the same behavior on both.

Thanks Mark.  Just to clarify, anything larger than 1025px gets replaced with 1025px.  

For example, the cover image for Uncanny X-men 247 was 1049px.  I clicked on it in ComicBase, and it downloaded the 1025px version.

At first I thought somehow the software wasn't recognizing that I have a 4K license, but when I clicked on the 2732px tall Cerebus the Aardvark I just scanned in, it downloaded the 382px version from the server, so I do think something else is going on.

image.thumb.png.fc3a5f821505c28c0b16f8b17a978f86.png

Folder Capture Before Update

Before_Capture_2022-01-11.PNG.dfc9cc47656a3e4cc58ecbdab4af3ae5.PNG

Folder Capture After Update

After_Capture_2022-01-11.PNG.d3e69de66edc0e057e3f48be6a92fd74.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pete mentioned on Livestream #80 that they implemented a fix on this.  I installed v22.0.0.1571 and it does indeed seem to have fixed the issue.  I reselected "Automatically download larger pictures when viewing items" and the program downloads larger or newer pictures when it has one.

Thanks for your help with this Mark.

-Brian