X-Force 1/B value question

Fred Slota

Mainly for my curiosity, but what is the background on its value difference from the other 4 first-print variants?  I see that there is an odd  AtomicAvenue offering of a a VF-NM at $294.99.  Does that have an effect on the valuation?  Or is that Deadpool card really that much more popular?

No, ComicBase is NOT asserting that $295 is the NM value for that issue, not even close.  The database pegs that particular issue at $11.50 in NM condition.  

I don't think that the valuations in the CB database are out of whack, they actually seem to be lower than some other places (e.g., mycomicshop).  

If I understand Fred's question, he was less concerned about the fact that somebody has posted a copy w/ a Deadpool card for $295 and more concerned that particular listing was inappropriately inflating the valuation for that issue.  He was assuming that all first print copies of X-Force #1 w/ trading cards would have the same value, but it turns out that the market does put the Deadpool card at a higher value.    

I understand that selling price on AA is set by the seller and does not represent a CB valuation.

Yes, I was wondering if/how much that wacky offering might be having an impact.  It might have been wholly responsible, it might have been adding an additional $1 or $2.

2 hours ago, Gregory Hecht said:

No, ComicBase is NOT asserting that $295 is the NM value for that issue, not even close.  The database pegs that particular issue at $11.50 in NM condition.  

I don't think that the valuations in the CB database are out of whack, they actually seem to be lower than some other places (e.g., mycomicshop).   

37 minutes ago, Fred Slota said:

I understand that selling price on AA is set by the seller and does not represent a CB valuation.

I recognize that.  My comment regarding the accuracy of the valuation was meant for Joel as he was asking for a price check.  Which I don't think is really needed here.  

Sorry if I wasn't clear on that!