How to create separate collections- databases

Roy Gosselin

Hi, I have Comicbase 2021. I've finally entered my 9K+ books into Comicbase. I'd like to create separate sub-sets of my Comicbase database: e.g. "Books to be slabbed", "Books being slabbed", "Books to Keep", "Books to Sell", etc.

What's the best way to do this? I don't want the sub-set lists to change my "big" all-encompassing Comicbase list. I'd like to try to sell some of my collection in full-run sets to other collectors - so I'd like to be able to send them a list of the issues I'm including in the proposed sale. It would be great if I could do this off of Comicbase rather than manually create a spreadsheet book by book.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I'd recommend using custom checkboxes and custom Text Fields.  You could then search and produce different lists.

Additionally, if you have a complex situation, such as 10 copies of a book were you want to keep 3, are slabbing 4 and selling 3, consider duplicating the item so you can count and tag the three entries separately.

CB allows you to create Sets of comics and they can be sold on AA.
Look under menu Items->Sets.

If you have Professional or Archive, then, as Fred suggested, you can take advantage of the 4 Custom text and/or 3 Custom check fields.

There is also a 'For Sale' column. If this is checked, when you post to AA, these are the issues that will show up there.

You mentioned you would like to keep everything in one place. Otherwise, I would suggest creating a second database. One for issues you want to keep and the other for issues you want to sell. This wasy there is less chance of making a mistake.

PS If you have a valid subscription, you can upgrade to CB 2022 for free.