That's a lot of Preliminary Artwork

Douglas W. McCratic

I've been noticing a ton of preliminary artwork being downloaded despite having "Don't download preliminary artwork" checked.  I would say about 50% of my newest additions to my inventory last week are showing preliminary artwork.  Is the checkbox working for others?  Is there something I can do to correct it?

On the same topic, once final art is released does CB replace the preliminary?

14 hours ago, Douglas W. McCratic said:

I've been noticing a ton of preliminary artwork being downloaded despite having "Don't download preliminary artwork" checked.  I would say about 50% of my newest additions to my inventory last week are showing preliminary artwork.  Is the checkbox working for others?  Is there something I can do to correct it?

On the same topic, once final art is released does CB replace the preliminary?

We typically order the regular covers for our office, scan those, then replace the prelims on their release week. Due to the explosion of variants in recent years, we don't always replace those prelim variants the same week they actually release; they are so many to hunt down it can take time. User submitted covers we also take and replace prelims too.

Here's a few...

Basketful of Heads #1
Berserker Unbound #3B & 4A
Black Hammer 3 for $1
Black Hammer/Justice League #5B
Captain America (9th Series) #16
Chrononauts: Futureshock #1C, 2A, 3A, and 4A
DCeased #6A
Doctor Doom #2
Fantastic Four (6th Series) #16 (not listed as Preliminary Artwork but lacks trade dress and title is shifted left on actual book)
Fight Club 3 #10B

Gideon Falls #18A
Hazel and Cha Cha Save Christmas #1A & 1B
The Infected: King Shazam #1
Manor Black #3A & 4
X-Man (5trh Series) #2

Of the listed Titles the following (which I do not own so I couldn't scan myself) are all NOT Preliminary Covers:

Basketful of Heads #1
Captain America (9th Series) #5B
Gideon Falls #18A
Hazel and Cha Cha Save Christmas #1A
X-Men (5th Series) #2) (instead of X-Man)

This following is not a Preliminary Cover, either, but is actually the cover for Fantastici Quattro (Edizioni Star) #16

Fantastic Four (6th Series) #16

I don't have any covers in the rest of the list. I may have deleted them or they may not have downloaded.

Following the latest update, these are all still Preliminary Covers.  All of the Basketful of Heads covers are Preliminary except #3.  Fantastici Quattro (Edizioni Star) #16 is the cover for Fantastic Four (Vol. 1) #244 with Italian trade dress. 

You're saying yours don't have "Preliminary Cover" down the left side?  Beyond that, they are slightly different covers, with different ones missing different things like UPC codes, price boxes, credits, and such.  Fantastic Four (6th Series) #16 on Atomic Avenue has the Preliminary Cover as the thumbnail but the correct cover in the listing for the book. 

• 2 weeks later...