Comics not showing in Mobile app

Robert E. Timm

Hello,

I recently added (at least) 5 issues of G.I. Combat into my database (always from a computer; I don't add items from/in the app - just reference use), and not any of the 5 are showing as part of my collection in the app.

- I'm not sure if there's other items in my collection that aren't showing...  But guessing that's a possibility.

So, I just now opened Sidekick, and did the "Optimize" and save to the Cloud functions...   Closed the app, re-opened the app, and the five comics still do NOT show up in the app.

my collection totals and value numbers are the same as on the database on the computer, but these books (and probably some others), are not.

Any clue what the issue may be, and how to correct it?

Thank you for any advice and/or assistance,
Rob

Looking at your account, you have 3 database linked to your account all with the same database id number. That's most likely the problem.

we would suggest the following:

-go to your online profile page here and remove ALL the databases you have listed under the 'Known Databases' section of the webpage: https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/Profile.aspx

-launch the ComicBase software, go the File Menu>Collections Statistics - this will give you an overview of your database stats AND link the proper database to your online account for use in the mobile app.

Ok, so that's a little weird...  Up until the last week, I actually had 4 databases listed, 2 with the same name (1 of which had no serial number), and the other 3 all had different data (like comics in inventory) associated with them...

I hadn't actually opened any of the other 3, but when I tried, it was so old, that the system wanted to convert it or something to a newer format...  I closed it, and I think it disappeared...

And now all three appear to have the same quantity and value.  weird.

----------------------

So basically, remove the 2 that I haven't been accessing them?

----------------------

Also, in regard to the issue...  I found that if I used the "Find Item" feature on the app, the missing issues actually show up as in my collection...  But still not in the "View Report" (Collection Report - Comic Books).

Just seems weird...

Thank you.  

• 1 month later...

Now I have this going on, too.  I entered books this morning, saved it all to the web, and now the newest books did not show up.  

I followed the steps in the post above and deleted my online collections.  Admittedly, I missed the step with the Collection Statistics, never having done it before.  I rebuilt all the lists, including pictures.  I saved everything to the web again and now books I entered today aren't showing up.  In looking, I'm missing books from last week as well. I kept digging and found that I'm missing books online at least as far back as February 27.  I'll try to get back and confirm that they are saved on my machine soon but I feel confident that they are. 

I have never had to do the Collection Statistics action before, is it necessary now?  

I’m having the opposite problem Robert had. My book are not showing up in the search feature but do show up in some reports. They appear in the Collection Report- Comic Books but not in Collection Report - Comic Books (Auto).  The books I entered yesterday are there after resaving to the the web this morning.

Additionally, the reports  have display issues.  I have text on top of text, making some of it all but impossible to read and am unable to enlarge it or rotate the screen in order to try to give it more room. 

3C3EDFC9-50EC-4F22-BF6E-E8B1F906B346.png

I'm missing some random books in the reports.  I feel like they would have been entered between December and February but am not 100% sure.  I confirmed that they are in CB, they just don't turn up in any of my reports.

I'm also still having the problem where some books appear in the Collection Report- Comic Books but not in Collection Report - Comic Books (Auto).  

possible problem found...

Under your online Profile (https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/Profile.aspx), in the 'Known Databases' list you have 2 databases listed - your main db AND a backup of the main db, both with the same database id number. This most likely confusing our processor.

We would suggest you clear the database list entirely by hitting the 'Remove' button.

Next, launch ComicBase, load up the database you mainly use, go into the File Menu>Collection Statistics to relink that database to your online account. Afterwards, try uploading new reports and see if they show up properly.

If you still have trouble, email our support team at support@comicbase.com

• 5 months later...

I am also experiencing this problem.  I followed various instructions here to no avail.  I deleted all existing databases.  I loaded my preferred database and looked at Collection Statistics.  I used the Save to Web function under the Print menu to upload various lists to the server and received the acknowledgement that they were uploaded.  I used the functions in Sidekick to update the database content, optimize the database and save it to the cloud.  I now can only call up the name of my database in the mobile app but no reports appear with it.  I've done all these things several times in different order, just in case that was the issue.

This began happening when I downloaded one of the last big updates and I've been holding out hoping that a more recent update would fix the problem.  It has not.

Also, everytime I open the ComicBase, an error message appears. I have attached the window that opens.  When I press the OK button the program loads.  Is this an indicator of the problem?

Please help.  This should NOT be this hard.

CB error message when loading.jpg

On 10/14/2022 at 12:22 PM, Kenneth Paris said:

I am also experiencing this problem.  I followed various instructions here to no avail.  I deleted all existing databases.  I loaded my preferred database and looked at Collection Statistics.  I used the Save to Web function under the Print menu to upload various lists to the server and received the acknowledgement that they were uploaded.  I used the functions in Sidekick to update the database content, optimize the database and save it to the cloud.  I now can only call up the name of my database in the mobile app but no reports appear with it.  I've done all these things several times in different order, just in case that was the issue.

This began happening when I downloaded one of the last big updates and I've been holding out hoping that a more recent update would fix the problem.  It has not.

Also, everytime I open the ComicBase, an error message appears. I have attached the window that opens.  When I press the OK button the program loads.  Is this an indicator of the problem?

Please help.  This should NOT be this hard.

CB error message when loading.jpg

You're problem when looking at your online account on our end is you have 2 DBs listed under your profile with 2 different Database names but the same Database ID number. That's confusing our system when you attempt to freshen up your stats and/or upload reports for it to your account. We did some clean up to fix this on our end, the next time you upload to your account from the CB software, the proper database should be linked to your online account.

As for the error, its a bit confusing. If you're opening the software and loading you're database, the program error message mentions you're trying to delete the db file which you're not. Would suggest restarting your computer, then manually locate the database you want then double-click on it to load it into the software. If that doesn't help give out support team a call 408-266-6883