Crash during weekly update

Fred Slota

I walked away at the point it was 1k into downloading 7k some comic covers.

I came back to an error.  I don't have the actual initial error message, I didn't write it down.  Something about database being locked updating a cover image in the R's.  underlying error popup for Microsoft .NET Framework talks about Unhandled exception, Value '5588' is not valid for 'Value'.

Crashed at the same point.

First dialog says:

database locked

database locked when updating picture information for Robbedoes 1682

Second dialog says:

Unhandled exception has occured in your application.  If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.  If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Value of '2375' is not valid for 'Value'.  'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.

Parameter name: Value

I believe this is the same title, but possibly a different issue (it is a different number being complained about) as when this happened before.

Quit and reran - finished this time, third try and all that.  Cover downloads were a lot faster this time, several a second.

Um Hello,

Windows 10Version 21H2 OS 19044.1526/8GB using ComicBase/Sidekick ver. 22.0.1576.

What Fred has describe is my problem as well. Have a few more details. Attempted to schedule a update down load through Sidekick schedule for Feb 19th. All Sidekick shows is a successful download for Feb. 12th. Can upload upload to Cloud & Optimize database.

Tried to update through ComicBase a few times, and it stops trying to download new covers around number 1,700. Displaying the included screenshot.

Screenshot 2022-02-19 231010.png

Download attempt no 4.txt

In the words of Douglas Adams, "We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem."

1) Could you please describe the form your problem is taking?

2) Consider the usual generic suggestions - restart your PC, upgrade to the newest release (22.0.0.1576), clear the %temp% folder, check your firewall/antivirus settings.

On 2/20/2022 at 10:16 AM, Steven L. Dasinger said:

They seem to be back now but I would wait a bit to make sure everything is back up and stable then try again.

Windows 10Version 21H2 OS 19044.1526/8GB using ComicBase/Sidekick ver. 22.0.1584

Well waited, updated to 1584, then made four attempts to update the database through Sidekick. Kept getting the same trouble bubbles illustrated bellow. Made two attempts to update using Comicbase. Computer quite after an hour.

Have also reinstalled, restarted, repaired and repeated still haven’t been able to update Since Feb 12th, according to Sidekick.

SideKick update attempt no4 2022-02-21 163822.png

SideKick update attempt No4_2  2022-02-21 163943.png

ComicBase update attempt No1 2022-02-21 165238.png