Unsigned signed variant?

Fred Slota

G.I. Joe: Battle Files #1, and 1/A

#1 notes states "Pink Skies", and the cover scan does have a pink cast to it, in contrast to the clear white of the middle stripe after the logo.

#1/A has a blue sky, but is apparently a Signed version.

I have an unsigned  Blue Sky version.

Suggestion on how to properly enter it?

My book (which by the way, has the UPC of #1/A's entry, 70985370478200111, while #1 has no entered UPC) does not appear to have a cover gallery.

I assume mine represents a regular blue sky version from which 99 were taken and signed, and not an ultra-rare 100th that they forgot to sign.

A signature should not make the book a variant unless the cover was ONLY available signed. If the cover is available unsigned and you have one with a signature, the "notes" section should state the information about the signature. It should NOT be considered a variant whether it has a COA or not.

It looks like changes were made.  While I understand why, the database purist in me has a small twinge at the shifting of the Pink skies version from the original #1 to #1/B, rather than retaining the #1 description and adding the #1/B fresh as the Blue version.  The Pink is the variant, the previously unlisted Blue is apparently the main, and the main should be the #1 while the variant should be the, well, variant.  I get it, but I still weep inside.

My database appears to have done a merge update on the Notes, however, resulting in the following incongruous Notes for #1: "Pink Skies; The Joes; Blue Sky Background".   How can I:

1) Determine which of my notes don't match the official notes?

and/or

2a) Update all my notes to the official?

2b) Suggestions on how to perform a manual comparison of my notes to the official, probably by way of comparing information exported from two different databases?

And where is this "lock item notes" check box?

Sidekick offers Content Updates options for Item Values and Prices; allow corrections to existing Cover Dates, Cover Prices, Creator Credits, Storylines, and Title Info and Description; options for Cover Downloading; and the ability to remove obsolete titles and issues.

None of those appear to effect Notes.

I have every option selected for Updates allowed.

Query - The option is missing from what, or, how do you have the option in your screen capture and I don't?  Was yours from Comicbase, if it was going to do the update, while mine was from Sidekick?  Are you running a different version/build than I am?  Is it Archive vs. Professional?  Is it PC vs. Mac?

• 3 weeks later...

Did an update with Sidekick with the "Lock Notes (Don't Allow the update to add new info)" checkbox unchecked, which i assume means notes are unlocked and should update (which is mildly confusing, since the other two checks in this section are "Remove obsolete titles" and "Remove obsolete issues", two boxes you check to allow a change, while this is a box you check to prevent a change).

Issue #1 for me still has the notes "Pink Skies; The Joes; Blue Sky Background".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Was going through my "something odd with these books pile", and pulled this out.

Since I have done multiple "Mass Change" to erase all Notes before updates, I don't have merged notes anymore.

Have entered my unsigned, blue skies version as #1.

I consider this a done item.