Variant Covers Revision Format (A, B, C to V) for Existing Titles (i.e., Action Comics)

I am having serious issues with the new format that was employed a few months back. For example, I have 25 different copies of Action Comics 1000 that in following the old format I was adding newer variants using the 1000/A-2, 3, 4, 5, etc. format. Now all of these seem to follow the new format of 1000/V2, 3, 4, 5, etc. format. So what are the problems?

First, the 'V' format for Action Comics starts at V29 so all of those that I have in the single and teen digits do not even appear. Second, and even if they did, how would I go about adding/changing them to the new format without having to do so one by one? 

AND if this helps anyone figure this out here is a complete list of the ones that I have in stock (cover artist is mentioned): A-2, RUDE, A-3, M. CHO, A-4, GIBBONS, A-5, ALLRED, A-6, STERANKO, A-7, MIDDLETON, A-8, JURGENS, A-9, BERMEJO, A-11, DELL'OTTO, A-13, G.PEREZ, A-16, LAU, A-18, DANIEL, A-20, N. SCOTT, A-21, COIPEL, A-22, MATTINA, A-27, GLEASON, A-29, KIRKHAM, A-31, FABOK, A-34, N. ADAMS, A-36 JURGENS and A-38, MAHNKE.

One final note. I have some many other titles that I have this same problem with that it isn't even funny. The format issue from old to new is rampant. Can't anyone come up with a fix for this so that changes don't have to be addressed one by one?

Unfortunately, you'll have to manually adjust any owned variants under the old variant format to the current for these big variant issue releases (variants past the letter Z).

Use AtomicAvenue.com as reference; look up a title/issue on their website and see what the variants are set to as they use ComicBase master database's current listings.

In the case of Action Comics #1000 variants, check out the current set variants here: https://atomicavenue.com/atomic/series/5427/1/Action-Comics (page 12)

You'll have to do this same approach for other titles that have this problem.

Mark, I have to disagree with what is happening here. I clicked on the link that you provided for all Action Comics 100 variants thinking that their source was Atomic Avenue. However, I have already run across the following:

1000 Variation V lists Midtown Comics Variant Cover by Olivier Coipel (in CB, the same is listed as V33) and,

1000 Variations O, P list Forbidden Planet Variant Covers (regular & virgin) by Jock (yet neither one even appears in CB)

So what is the problem here now?  And YES, I have the current version of CB with all content updated through today...