Update NOT removing magazines

Joel Ekis

I am running v22.0.2.1693.  When I update, I do NOT have Magazines selected.  However, they are all in my dB.

What is broken?  They were all removed from my dB last week correctly running al older version of 22.0.x.  However, with this new version of code, they all got added back in and I cannot get them removed.

Please fix this.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed v1702.  I forced a reapplication of the latest update.  I had the settings applied to remove the Magazines.  It completed without error.

It left them all, see the WSJ as an example.

My dB is saved to the cloud if you want to review it (ComicBase Database.cbdb)

Joel

settings.jpg

Replace.jpg

WSJ.jpg

There are two mechanisms at work here:

1. If you have a media type unchecked, you won't get new items or updates for this. The update does not remove existing items of that media, however, during the course of a normal update.

2. When you _change_ your update settings to uncheck a media type the first time, it asks if you want to remove existing ones that are not listed as in stock. This is a one-shot operation. If you want to trigger it again, you need to check that media type (or another media type that was previously unchecked), run an update, then do it again and uncheck that media type. You'll then be prompted (again) as to whether you want to remove existing items.

-Pete

I installed v1703.  I forced an update with both Comics and Magazines checked.  After successful completion I optimized the dB.  I then forced and update with only Comics checked.  I got the warning that Magazines would be removed.  After successful completion I optimized the dB.

I still have all the magazines in my dB.

I ran test with all combinations. Each test started with new database with all Types and all Qty = 0.

Single Type unchecked:

With only Books Unchecked.

Result: All Book Titles deleted. Comic Book and Magazine Titles still exist.

With only Comic Books unchecked.
Results: All Comic Books deleted. Books and Magazines Titles still exist.
NOTE: The final 'Content Updated' window was NOT displayed.

With only Magazines Unchecked.
Result: All Magazine Titles deleted. Book and Comic Book Titles still exist.

Two Types unchecked:

Books and Comic Books unchecked
Results: All Book Titles deleted but NOT Comic Book titles. Magazine Titles still exist.

Books and Magazines unchecked
Results: All Book Titles deleted but NOT Magazines. Comic Book Titles still exist.

Comic Books and Magazines unchecked
Results: All Comic Book Titles deleted but NOT Magazines Titles. Book Titles still exist.

Three Types unchecked:

Books, Comic Books and Magazines unchecked
Results: All Book Titles deleted but NOT Comic Books or Magazine Titles.

Summary:
A single Type being unchecked worked as expected.

Two or More Types being unchecked only deleted the first Type, ignoring the second (or third) Type.

And, in all cases when Comic Book Type was unchecked, the 'Content Updated' window was NOT displayed.

Thanks Steven!  I ran the update with Books + Comics checked, and Magazines unchecked.  That deleted all the unwanted Magazines.

Hopefully, the developers can fix the issue with two unchecked items in an upcoming release.