images aren't showing up in grid after download and install

Dan Turner

I have downloaded the smaller files and imported them into the program.  But I still have to highlight the whole row before any thumbnail image will show up at all.  Is there a way to get the grid to preload everything so I don't have to do this for every cover I want to see? It's incredibly annoying and sometimes takes a bit to populate.

(I don't have the set up of installing the thumbnails and only getting the larger image when selected so I am doing this from memory and not from actual testing)

I believe it is working as designed.
The idea is the thumbnails populate the grid and you only display (download) the full size cover when you click on the thumbnail.

For what it is doing it is really very fast but, as you have noticed, it isn't instantaneous and the (small) delay can b e (is) annoying (which is why I don't use that setup).

Once thing you can try is to go to a title you want the full size covers for, select all the issues (CTRL+A), Right-click the mouse and, from the pop-up menu, select Download Covers.

If you do this for the Titles you have issues in (or at least the ones with a lot of issues), you can go ahead and get most of the covers for the issues you own.

Alternately, if it really annoys you and/or you want the full size covers for most (if not all) the titles, go ahead and download the complete picture files and install all the full size covers.

The grabbing larger images is working fine.  Its the grid not showing ANY of the thumbnails until I click on the row.  For every issue of every title i look up (unless I already highlighted the row).  Where do I find the complete picture file?

I have included 2 screenshots to show what I mean.  The first is what it looks like when i search a title, the first book I had already highlighted the row.  The second shows what I see if i highlight each row individually.  It will pull in the book after a few seconds of waiting. 

Screenshot_6.jpg

Screenshot_5.jpg

Ah, I see what you mean.

Try this:
Go to a title that is not displaying the thumbnail covers that you think it should.
Then check the Thumbnails folder (for the size thumbnail you are displaing) located at:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Human Computing\Thumbnails

for that Publisher / Title and see if the thumbnails are actually in the folder.

(for the specific example you showed that would be:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Human Computing\Thumbnails\128\D\DC\B\Batman (3rd Series)
assuming your cover size is set to 128)

Do the thumbnail covers actually exist?
If they don't, that is the problem.
If they do, then there is an problem with CB not displaying them.

Ok looks like that folder (mine was 48 not sure how to update it either)  is almost empty.  Just the ones I have pulled down.  I have done the download and add multiple times via the install pictures and movies, so I'm not sure what to do so they all import.

Thanks that helps! I just did another image import and there are still no new pictures in those folders.   Could this have anything to do with I started with the level below archive and put some issues in and realized I wanted all the covers and upgraded?  I didn't delete the base edition just installed archive.  

Edited by Dan Turner

Yes, that could be an issue.  If you had Professional and upgraded to Archive, there could be some 'iffyness'.

When you go to the CB website, under My Account->Registrations are you clicking the green download arrow next to the Pro entry or the Archive entry. They will take you to a different pages. The Pro one will only have about 1 cover per title while the Archive should have all of the covers.

If you are downloading the Archive quick start pictures, I would next try to uninstall all the CB editions (Pro  and Archive and don't and don't overlook the Resources), reinstall just the Archive Edition. (This will NOT delete your database or any of the picture files).

If you are still having problems, I would contact support.

PS I downloaded the 4K Archive quick start picture file and it contained all the covers (thumbnail size, of course).