Title Search - Marvel Special Edition - Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

I'm having a very difficult time finding the correct spot in CB for this treasury-size edition of the "Special Collectors Edition!" of Marvel Special Edition - Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. The publication date is 3/1/1980. I've tried searching "star wars", "Marvel Special Edition", and "Empire Strikes Back" to no avail. Anyone think of anything else? Thanks in advance.

image.png.79c9b8d59136495a51a0753b3d30f3a3.png

Rather than start a new topic, here's another title I'm stumped on. It's a Pizza Hut Giveaway, but it's not one of the #'s 1-4 listed in CB. No cover price, published 1/1/1993. I tried searching on 'Atomic Avenue' and couldn't find it. Any other search suggestions for CB? Thanks.

Issue Notes

Giveaway mini-comic with centerfold coupons; Distributed in tandem with the X-Men Collectors Edition #1-4 giveaway comics from Pizza Hut; Comic has no indicia; Title taken from the cover.

image.thumb.png.319185906dd1373d45af596d335b1151.png

Kurt,

I did a search on Atomic Avenue for "Empire Strikes Back" in the Notes field and found it as Marvel Super Special #16:
https://atomicavenue.com/atomic/item/126210/1/Marvel-Super-Special-16

However, it looks to be a bit different from what's shown in the link.  Is this a treasury-sized comics?  A book?  I did find this as well:

https://atomicavenue.com/issue/144008/Star-Wars-The-Empire-Strikes-Back-Bk-1

Hope this helps.

Adam

10 minutes ago, Steven L. Dasinger said:

For the first one, I can't seem to find it, either. It may not be in CB.

I can find information about it at: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Marvel_Special_Edition_2:_The_Empire_Strikes_Back

But none of my searches have found it.

So that actually gave me the clue I needed:  I found a couple "Marvel Special Edition Featuring" titles (each independent), and one of those was Spectacular Spider-Man (which your link says was part of the same "series").  I'd conclude the title you're looking for is not in the database and should be added as "Marvel Special Edition Feature The Empire Strikes Back"

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2020 at 5:00 PM, Steven L. Dasinger said:

I don't. I couldn't find anything useful looking for Pizza Hut in the Titles or Notes.

It is probably a strange / uncommon giveaway.

Yes, that Pizza Hut book is definitely a giveaway book from 1993.  I don't have a copy of this particular one, but there were a lot of different Pizza Hut/Marvel giveaways around that time (see herehere, and here, for instance).   I'm not finding the one you have in the AA database, so I agree that this should get entered as its own title.  If there is no indicia, then use the cover title as your guide.  

• 4 months later...
On 1/27/2020 at 9:50 PM, G. Hecht said:

Yes, that Pizza Hut book is definitely a giveaway book from 1993.  I don't have a copy of this particular one, but there were a lot of different Pizza Hut/Marvel giveaways around that time (see herehere, and here, for instance).   I'm not finding the one you have in the AA database, so I agree that this should get entered as its own title.  If there is no indicia, then use the cover title as your guide.  

I have a copy of this one as well.  I haven't been able to find it in ComicBase.  Does anyone know if it was submitted?

Thanks,

Pat

Pizza Hut Super Savings Book F X-Men.jpg

the title Marvel Collector's Edition: X-Men is where you tracked some Pizza Hut issues in the past. Not sure if the comic in question falls into this series or should be its own title instead.

Any indicia (fine credits page) inside this that states the official title name? It has a comic strip and pinups?