Login problem and Error when updating

Gregg Anderson

Okay...everytime I go to update my reports online (through the comic base program)I get a login error.  This seems to happen too often.  My login is correct.  How do I fix it?  I've reset my password, there is no option to add my email instead of a User ID.  I've tried to see if i can change my user ID to no avail.  Very frustrating as I update my collection frequently and need correct info on the go.
image.png.deda58c7eb0802fc087bb474c7f8a68a.png
The other is when I go to update my database through the Sidekick I get this error(Picture #2) and it says this...
Capture.PNG.141bdf037221de6a3638d2d1ecb74d68.PNG

Now I couldn't seem to copy and paste the text which I'm sure you need but I will try... but in the meantime little help with these problems??

-Gregg

Edited by Gregg Anderson

I am still having the same issue trying to save a report to the web.  I have verified I am logged into the comicbase.com website, as a test, and everything else seems to communicate fine.  Sidekick says I pulled this week's update overnight without error.  Any ideas for me to try?

3 hours ago, Todd E. James said:

I am still having the same issue trying to save a report to the web.  I have verified I am logged into the comicbase.com website, as a test, and everything else seems to communicate fine.  Sidekick says I pulled this week's update overnight without error.  Any ideas for me to try?

I don't think this has anything to do with your user login credentials, this sounds like a connection problem to our server. We did a lot of maintenance with it these past few days and I wonder if something is off. 

Just in case...

-Verify your UserID is saved in the software ok (internet menu>login information). It it saves with no error then you're good with that

-next try to 'save to web' a new report (ex: Collection Report). If an error pops up, please contact us directly at support@comicbase.com OR call us at 408-266-6883 and we'll address it asap.

If the problem is still lingering as of today, make sure you're running with our latest build for CB2020. The current build is 20.0.1.2878 which you can download here: https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/Registrations.aspx

Also try restarting Sidekick (or restart your computer) then attempt to 'Save to Cloud' with Sidekick.

If you still have no luck, please email us at support@comicbase.com, provide your UserID and we'll look further into it.

Hi Gregg,

Looking at the server, I'm seeing a certain number of dropped connections--likely firewall-related. We are testing a new version of the program which switches up the way files are saved to the server and should be less troubled by firewalls--please get in touch with me directly if you (or anyone on this thread) would like to try it out. It's a huge change in connectivity, so I'd like to get as much testing from folks with various security/firewall/networking issues into play on it as possible before we make it part of the general release.

-Pete