Newspapers

Randall J. Paske said:

I'm wondering if newspapers could be spun off to their own section, separate from the Magazines section. As I mentioned earlier, I don't want to exclude magazines entirely. I would, however, exclude newspapers if I could.

I can see where tracking all of that stuff in Human Computing's master database might be worthwhile for them, but I doubt many of us want to house a mega-database on our own systems. As ComicBase grows and expands well beyond comics, there may be a need to devise more ways for users to select the portions that meet their needs and exclude those that don't. I've got plenty of magazines related to comics and entertainment, but I don't need a newspaper index. I've got plenty of books, but I don't need an index of romance paperbacks or theological volumes.

I second this, if for the only reason that a newspapers database would potentially be larger than all other media combined. Think about, every city has had at least one newspaper at one time or another. Some of the larger cities had multiple ones concurrently and have a publishing history of hundreds of years, daily and weekly.