Programs closes wne saving from 'Add by Barcode.."

Kevin Lund

Hello,

Probably a nube question.

When I save the issues i scaned in the Add by Barcode window, the whole program closes. I have to restart CB 224k all over again. I checked each time to see if the comics I scanned are saved. Of the 20 times or so I used this function, twice the scans were not saved. Is there some preference I need to change the behavior somewhere?

Love the program in general !!

Thanks

Hitting 'Save' in the Add by Barcode window would save your scans. That's how you save i assume.

questions...

-are you using a scanner we offer? If not, your scanner may not be programmed correctly (possibly adding extra action as you scan).

-you scan into the 'Barcode or ISBN' field? Be sure the cursor is always active in that screen as you scan.

-have you tested if you're scanner is scanning properly? As a test, you can launch a blank text document and scan a barcode a few times to see if all the digits are being picked up with no extra spaces. If you find a problem with the scanning, try resetting back to default then reprogramming for ComicBase

Thanks for the reply.

The scanner I use is the CB older suggested Manhattan scanner.  It appears to be working just fine. I've used it the several older CB versions with no problem.

I tested it with Win's Notepad and it just reads the barcode numbers. I see no additional characters.

It is not just the "Add by Barcode" window that closes. The whole  program closes.

I scan about 20 comics at a time. CB recognizes the barcodes and loads that issue as it should. It is just when I click the save button that it all shuts down.

The program also closes unexpectedly when /Internet/Post Items for sale. I see the progress bar get to about 30% and the whole program closes.

When  I look in my store, there are no books listed. So I do not think it finished the upload.

The problem sounds to be unique to your computer (or db file) as we haven't heard of such behavior being reported by other users.

-do you have the same problem with a different database file (not a backup of your main db)?

-if you access to another computer, do you get the same trouble using your main db on it?