Cover Uploads

Robert Wood

I run into this on occasion. Most of the time I can drop a cover in the grid and upload it, but once in a while the replacement I've dropped in is immediately replaced by the existing (smaller, inferior) cover and I can't do anything to make my new one stick (and thus I can't submit it in the usual way). I have not been able to figure out why this happens every now and then. In these few cases, I've resorted to sending the new image to CB support via e-mail.

D'oh! I just went back to one of my problem images, and its dimensions were smaller than the existing image. I dropped it as-is and it was quickly replaced by the existing image, as usual. Then I resized my image to be slightly larger in dimension than the existing one, and I was able to to drop it in and send it without issue.

Before, I was looking at file size, not image dimensions. My replacement image was of a larger file size than the existing image, but its dimensions were smaller. That has probably been the difficulty with the few other images that have given me this problem. I haven't even done the Rebuild Lists thing yet.

Glad to know this!

Did the rebuild lists and this issue has resolved -many thanks.

The only issue I have now is that when I scroll down through issues the picture in the main window lags i.e. the cover of the highlighted issue takes seconds to load.

With the previous version of Comicbase it was pretty instant.

I have a SSD for my pictures folder so its not my machine.