Comicbase 2023

Robert Wood

Since upgrading I have found that the grid is slower to load for nearly every title,(in some cases agonisingly slow to scroll down); when one of the benefits of a 64 bit program was it was meant to be much faster.

I don't know if I have installed it incorrectly (it seemed to install smoothly), or whether its my PC which is 3 years old, or whether there is some other issue.

Any ideas folks?

CB23 is much faster for me, however I do notice that my comiccon laptop which pointed to a network drive for all the cover picture/thumbnails is noticeably slower than my desktop rig.   I blame that on network latency, but my laptop is still much faster on the new 64-bit than older versions.

This tweak is based on your choice for personal security, but I did go into my antivirus (Windows Security/Defender) advanced settings and mark my PICTURES and THUMBNAILS folders as 100% excluded from anti-virus.    I noticed a speed-up on my laptop a bit after this.

56 minutes ago, Robert Wood said:

Since upgrading I have found that the grid is slower to load for nearly every title,(in some cases agonisingly slow to scroll down); when one of the benefits of a 64 bit program was it was meant to be much faster.

I don't know if I have installed it incorrectly (it seemed to install smoothly), or whether its my PC which is 3 years old, or whether there is some other issue.

Any ideas folks?

You're using the latest CB2023 version (v23.0.0.1935)? If you're using an older build, download the latest version of the CB2023 program installer from your online account: https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/Registrations.aspx

When I first upgraded to CB 2023, I had this problem, with the agonizingly slow loading of grids as I scroll down. My laptop is 2 years old. The problem seems to have been mostly alleviated with the fix in a newer update that Pete mentioned in yesterday's livestream. I still encounter short delays from time to time, but nothing like I was experiencing before.