Can't Connect to CB servers since upgrading to CB23

Thomas Wolak

Ever since I upgraded to CB23, I get the message "Unable to connect to ComicBase/Atomic Avenue servers" ... I have not done anything to my home network infrastructure between the two releases. I've installed all latest updates (1984 as of this post) but still get the same message. I tried reinstalling CB22 but all that gives me now is that an update is available for download and will not allow me to do anything else. I guess this is a catch-22 situation.

Recommend a restart of your computer as the first thing to try

If you have any type of security software (ex: Norton, MacAfee, etc.), it may be blocking out ComicBase from internet access. Setup a program exception for CB with such software then try again with CB.

If you have no luck, give Pete our lead programmer a call at 408-266-6883 ext 403

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had a chance to call yet (I keep forgetting to) but I am still having the same problem. One thing I did do was to try to update using SideKick ... Using SideKick I get the message that 'you need to register your copy of this program at ... in order to obtain updates'. I do not use SideKick but I found this additional info of 'needing to register' interesting since I've never had to do that before ... I simply downloaded the new releases and installed.

One thing I did do between releases was change my email address. Is the email address 'hard-coded' or otherwise referenced in the downloaded program?  I suspect it's trying to verify using my old email address.

There is only one spot in CB that asks for Login information under 'internet' and I have my UserID and PW in there and I've already updated my new email address on your website. Please advise.