Can't download pictures/Pictures being deleted

Travis L. Ledden

Weird issue I just started having. When I click on a line in the grid of a title that has a thumbnail I get an error about downloading the picture.

image.png.4f696b6375ac4cab2373cdbdec5f75c8.png

When I click ok I get this message

image.png.b3fbb099c4cec3999481455fe535b9d6.png

After clicking a few different lines in a couple of different titles I opened the picture folder and all the pictures that I had click on the picture file showed as 0 bytes and could not be opened. After a little more testing I figured out that I could open the pictures in another program but as soon as I click on the line in Comicbase the file for the picture would go to 0 bytes and I would no longer be able to open it. 

Gambit(5th Series)

Things I have tried:

1. Restarted the program

2. Restarted the computer

3. Check to make sure Windows was not blocking

4. Check and updated to the latest version (23.0.0.2003)

5. Clicked on full grid and downloaded all the covers(It downloaded 2 of the covers, but they went back to 0bytes when I clicked on the line. 2nd time trying to download all the covers it gave me the same download error)

6. Last thing i tried was deleting all the files in the folder and redownloading them all. Out of about 40 covers it should have downloaded it created 3 files that had 0 bytes and got stuck at 90% of Checking for covers.

image.png.6edbd14fc1a32dac216a0d0841514307.png

I'm also having the exact same issue tonight trying to update my database.   Running Archive Edition on a Windows 11 machine.  I downloaded the revised CB 2023 program installer per Mark, but still the issue persists.  I had to go to task manager to end ComicBase. I'll be calling Pete in the AM.

Talked with Pete, he had me go to File/File Tools/Manage Pictures and Movies and reset and remove all of the cover photos.  I then downloaded all covers for Uncle Scrooge (IDW)  and they all downloaded fine.  I then attempted to download the newest update and all went perfectly, no issues loading the new covers.  Update ran and completed as usual.  Thanks Pete.