Custom Checks

John Pelszynski

That's what I thought.  I've tried that many times and it doesn't work.  I click on setup from the menu.   I click on custom fields.  I place my cursor in the box next to "Custom Check 1".  I type "Test".   I leave the custom fields.  The title "Test" has not replaced "Custom Check 1".  When I go back to custom fields "Test" is in the box.

What am I doing wrong?

The last thing I can suggest is to rename the Preferences and/or Settings files. (Renaming instead of deleting allows you to rename them back if you want/need).

By default they are located in:

C:\Users\<your-logon-id>\AppData\Roaming\Human Computing\ComicBase

ComicBase Preferences.ini

ComicBase Settings.ini.

With CB NOT open, rename one or both of these (I normally just and .xyz to the end but whatever you like).

When you open CB, it should recreate the files.

Try settting the Custom Field names and see if it works.

If it does, great. If not, you will need HC help.

Custom fields and checks are carried over by the  conversion process to 2020. If you're not seeing the _names_ of the custom items, those are stored in your preferences, and can be reset by entering in their names under Setup > Custom Fields (make sure you're selecting the right collectible--remember, ComicBase 2020 now has multiple types of media it covers, all of which can have their own custom field names).

If you're not seeing the _data_ for your custom fields, I'd encourage you to reinstall ComicBase 2017,  and double-check that you're converting over the proper database (make sure you see the data in the database you're about to convert).

If you still have trouble, please contact support directly at support@comicbase.com, sending them a link to your old ComicBase 2017 database, and noting the exact data you expected to see, but aren't seeing in the converted database. 

-Pete

4 hours ago, Steven L. Dasinger said:

The last thing I can suggest is to rename the Preferences and/or Settings files. (Renaming instead of deleting allows you to rename them back if you want/need).

By default they are located in:

C:\Users\<your-logon-id>\AppData\Roaming\Human Computing\ComicBase

ComicBase Preferences.ini

ComicBase Settings.ini.

With CB NOT open, rename one or both of these (I normally just and .xyz to the end but whatever you like).

When you open CB, it should recreate the files.

Try settting the Custom Field names and see if it works.

If it does, great. If not, you will need HC help.