Clean up for 12/08/2022 content update

This week's update added Large and Lovable: Marmaduke to the Book category.  Based on the cover, this looks like a reprint of Marmaduke comics.  If this is true, then it should be moved to the Comics category.  

Simpsons One-Shot Wonders: Gramdpa was added to the database.  Should that really be Simpsons One-Shot Wonders: Grampa ?  [note spelling]

On 12/9/2022 at 2:44 PM, Gregory Hecht said:

Simpsons One-Shot Wonders: Gramdpa was added to the database.  Should that really be Simpsons One-Shot Wonders: Grampa ?  [note spelling]

This had been in the database as Simpsons One-Shot Wonders: Grandpa; I suspect that someone inadvertently made a typo when editing and it got submitted as a correction?   The Grand Comics Database agrees with you, @Gregory Hecht:   Simpsons One-Shot Wonders: Grampa

7 hours ago, Adam Sternberg said:

This had been in the database as Simpsons One-Shot Wonders: Grandpa; I suspect that someone inadvertently made a typo when editing and it got submitted as a correction?   The Grand Comics Database agrees with you, @Gregory Hecht:   Simpsons One-Shot Wonders: Grampa

Because the title had been in the database for a long time as "Grandpa," I didn't submit the correction to "Grampa" (as on the cover and in the indicia) from within ComicBase but instead sent a message to Support in case they didn't want to change it. So I'm responsible for it changing, but I'm not responsible for the typo with the remaining "d."

On 12/11/2022 at 2:23 AM, Randall J. Paske said:

Because the title had been in the database for a long time as "Grandpa," I didn't submit the correction to "Grampa" (as on the cover and in the indicia) from within ComicBase but instead sent a message to Support in case they didn't want to change it. So I'm responsible for it changing, but I'm not responsible for the typo with the remaining "d."

@Randall J. Paske, I'm sorry if you thought I was blaming you (or anyone); that wasn't my intent.  Just trying to add some potential background on what may have happened.

Mark Castaneda, I propose this title change as Gregory suggests and use "Grampa" instead of "Gramdpa" (and how can I tag you anyway; your name never shows up in the '@' dropdown for me! 😆)

9 hours ago, Adam Sternberg said:

@Randall J. Paske, I'm sorry if you thought I was blaming you (or anyone); that wasn't my intent.  Just trying to add some potential background on what may have happened.

Mark Castaneda, I propose this title change as Gregory suggests and use "Grampa" instead of "Gramdpa" (and how can I tag you anyway; your name never shows up in the '@' dropdown for me! 😆)

Oh, no offense taken. I was just trying to further clarify what happened with this title, since the typo arose after I sent my message to Support.

• Like 1