Refresh Find button

Fred Slota

A button shown at the top of the grid showing search results that will automatically rerun the same search.

Suppose you are running a search to find something that you are going to change.  You get a long list.  You make some changes.  The button would allow the quick rerun of the search to clear out the items you have changed, leaving only the unchanged issues in the list that still match the search criteria.  Yes, I know you can click "Find | Other... | Find" and rerun the search, but that's multiple mouse moves and clicked, which could be shortened with the dedicated button.

In my case, I'm processing and adding a batch of cover scans from recent acquisitions.  I run a search for owned issues without cover scans, and drag-and-drop the jpgs to the grid.  But, given the issue that the grid does thumbnail updates based on issue number only, shifting the focus as it goes, this process can cause problems when dragging multiple scans onto the grid with multiple titles with identical issue numbers.  To deal with this, I am rerunning the search after each addition, and this would speed the process up.

1 hour ago, Fred Slota said:

Yes, I know you can click "Find | Other... | Find" and rerun the search, but that's multiple mouse moves and clicked, which could be shortened with the dedicated button.

There, sort of, already is. Instead of clicking the Find down-down box to the left of the Find text box, click on the Magnifying glass icon to the right. This will bring you your last Find (whether Regular or Advanced).

Okay, that cut the process from 3 clicks in different places on the screen down to 2...

How about ctrl-Click on the Magnifying Glass to rerun last Find?  (Right click would not involve 2 hands, but is probably not UI friendly, since you probably think that would bring up a menu)