Pick Lists for custom fields

Larry Robertson

Forgive me if there is some existing way to do this already as I am back to ComicBase as of v2023 from CB16 (2012). I have a few custom fields that would REALLY benefit from a pick-list drop down. I have one for "location" and one for "store" and I have a third one for "rating". So "location" I populate with "shelf" for hardcovers and trades...and a bin number (C-08, A-02, etc) for single issues. "Store" is where I bought the book....like DCBS, IST, TalesOfWonder, Amazon...etc. "Rating" is a numerical value 01-10. Is there anyway to define this list and have it available in a drop-down? If there is I didn't see it in 2023 4k Archive. Would be great if you could!

I don't know if the live grid would support this.  It does allow the presentation of a check box control inside a cell of the grid, but I'm not sure if it can host a drop-down box.

It might be easier to implement but show it in the Custom tab of the Issue screen.

Could be implemented on top of the Custom Text Fields, but would be more efficient database-wise if new Custom Drop-down fields were added.

Some form of psychic typing might be useful, at least for fields like Store Name, but some of the others where the data is either significantly similar (Shelf 01, Shelf 02 etc.) or where the data is short (01, 02, etc.) this probably wouldn't help.

I hate to compare CB to a clearly inferior product (and one of a smaller scale) but CollectorZ programs for both desktop and mobile (for comics and other stuff) allow you to have pick-lists for any custom fields you have. Collector software only has you download title/issue info for the stuff you choose rather than everything as CB does it. A totally different approach and one dependent upon having access to their master DB for anything you haven't already downloaded

And I generally don't change condition or currency ,so hadn't.

Well, since it can, might I piggyback the suggestion that some fields, especially the indexed fields like the various Artist fields, might see consistency benefits from having the form of drop-down box that also allows you to type new entries and doesn't force you to only use existing entries.