Incredible Hulk #323

Fred Slota

Just wanted to verify before submitting.

I have Incredible Hulks #320-323, with UPCs in the corner box instead of the B/W Spider-Man face, which on the basis of the cover scans would indicate they are "Incredible Hulk, The (Canadian Edition)" and not "Incredible Hulk, The".  

My question is - are these Canadian, or are these American, possibly Newsstand editions?  Is there other information to look at/report here?  The non-Canadian Title does not include Newsstand variants in this range, while the Canadian Title stops at #322.  Should these be entered as 4 non-Canadian/As, or as Canadian with a submitted #323, or something else?

323.jpg

I am not an expert at this but looking at all the covers that MyComicShop has for Canadian Incredible Hulk, I did find a common theme.

All of the covers had a single Price (75¢).

The US series has multiple prices (75¢US, 95¢Can)

I did find a couple of exceptions but in those cases the Canadian prices were more (US Issue #295 60¢, Canadian issue #295 75¢)

If it is true (and I am just basing this on the cover), then yours would be US newsstand versions.

(possible the Canadian ones have a slightly different indicia but I don't have any to check.)

And am I correct with the understanding that ComicBase mostly doesn't differentiate between Direct and Newsstand, and so these should just be entered as regular "Incredible Hulk, The" #320-323, and not as /A variants, yes?

Question - As to the UPC, should the Canadian Edition have a different UPC, not starting with 71486?  At least in "Incredible Hulk, The (Canadian Edition)", all the entries that have UPC codes have codes that start with 71486, and in the case of the issues that I have, they have overlapping UPCs in both titles.

grumble, grumble, grumble...

Catch-22 of we don't think there's any difference in demand/pricing between direct and newsstand. so don't support having different entries, so can't tell if there's differences in demand/pricing

We include cover scans to help with differentiating between otherwise identical books, but neither support separate entries nor separate covers for direct/newsstand variants.