Export Select Titles

Fred Slota

The Export feature has a checkbox for Export only Owned Issues, but I'm looking to process information for Owned Titles only.

An exported Item Checklist Report allows me to select all Owned Titles and get some information about owned and missing issues, but I'm looking to get a little more information.

At a minimum, I would like to get Cover Date and/or Street Date.  Wanted and Storyline would be good, too.

Export, including everything, returns too much information to load into Excel.

Any thoughts?

One possibility is to use the Marked check box on the Title edit window and check all of your Owned Titles.
Unfortunately, you have to do this one at a time.
(If I find time, I may be able to come up with a Advanced Find that will get around this. Will need to test it.)
Once that is done, you can use Advanced Find to retrieve all the issues you need.
On the Find result grid, you can select some or all of the cells, use CTRL+C to copy the information, then CTRL+V to paste into Excel.

From what I am reading from your post, you want ALL Issues from ALL Titles that you own at least 1 issue in. Is this correct?

PS for selecting the information you want, it is easier if all the columns you want are close together.
If not, you would just delete what you don't want in Excel.

57 minutes ago, Fred Slota said:

The Export feature has a checkbox for Export only Owned Issues, but I'm looking to process information for Owned Titles only.

An exported Item Checklist Report allows me to select all Owned Titles and get some information about owned and missing issues, but I'm looking to get a little more information.

At a minimum, I would like to get Cover Date and/or Street Date.  Wanted and Storyline would be good, too.

Export, including everything, returns too much information to load into Excel.

Any thoughts?

I am going to take a look because I have done this with only owned titles as I keep a PDF for insurance purposes. 

I'm sorry I wasn't following correctly, as you're trying to export to excel (which is an excellent idea for creating your reports). Still, I only want the basic information I accomplished by doing. 
Report - Collection Report - and the following settings. (I knew it couldn't be that simple) that only offers HTML or Text, not .csv files. So I print it as PDF for my records. 
image.png.74c5216caeebd4ff1ae4ed3c2e08165d.png

Edited by Ronald Lashley

22 hours ago, Steven L. Dasinger said:

Ronald, this is good and should be useful.

But I think Fred is looking for both Missing and Owned issues in the Titles he owns.

I think he can get both the same way.  One of my reports does that now but I don't Quick Report it to run the crystal report to export to excel

Screenshot_20230110-065525.png

Clarify, for those listening to mid-conversation posts focusing on one detail or another, and thus helpfully providing incomplete answers.

Ideally, I'd like to get at least

Title, Publisher, Years, Issue, Quantity, Condition, Price, Cover Date, Street Date, Storyline, Wanted, Custom Check Boxes, each as separate fields

For both Owned and Missing issues, of Titles that I Own.