Need progress bar and confirmation pop-up when submitting new or larger scans

Samer Meshreki

When I submit data to ComicBase 2023, I get a progress bar while the data from each issue I submitted is being uploaded to the server.

image.thumb.png.e6063100eec7bf8d1af5de6db9bc9e95.png

image.png.c447c7615b2b39b0ad6da6a792d50cf7.png

After that is complete, I get a pop-up that says "Thanks..."

image.png.bd8eb7bf161ec4c46257e05d3ccc0e05.png'

Then, if my comic cover scans are newer or larger, it asks me if I want to send those too.

image.png.9aafedef1f3f2dddfe3cf59dfd7c0a83.png

I click Yes.

Then... nothing

No progress bar displaying the status of the uploads.

No indication which scan or scans it is attempting to upload.

No confirmation pop-up saying thanks, saying that the sending of the scans was successful, saying that they will be reviewed.

I don't even know if it did anything at all!  I don't know if it tried, if it failed, if it was successful.  Nothing.

If I resubmit the same issue data, deja vu... it repeats the same steps all over again... progress bar during upload of issue data, "Thanks..." when issue data is complete, followed by asking "You also have scans...." and then... nothing.

Please consider adding positive confirmation during the cover scan submission process so that we can be assured our data is being submitted timely and successfully.

We want to contribute 🙂

Thanks,
Sam

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind seeing that either. Although I've noticed that the length of time it takes to send new data for a single issues seems quite long for what I would assume are just text fields.  It makes me wonder if everything, including the cover image,  gets submitted all at once and then the second box is to just confirm that you want the cover scan to be considered as new data too. 

Of course I could be completely wrong. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...