Reports Not Saved To Web?

Douglas W. McCratic

This weekend, I cleaned up my saved information on the site.  I renamed by primary database from "Complete Collection 2022" to "Complete Collection 2023" which I didn't think would be a big deal.  I deleted my old stuff and went into CB where I thought that I saved my reports to the web.  I've saved these more times than I can count and never had a problem beyond it taking up to half an hour for them to become available.  I didn't give it a thought when they didn't turn up on the app right away and assumed that they would be there later.  I received the usual messages about how they had been successfully saved and asked whether I wanted to go to the site.  

We're over 24 hours now and they're still not there.  Has there been a known problem?  Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?  None of my overviews or reports are there and the db I was using isn't even listed as an option.  I updated Sidekick with the new db name and had it perform all tasks.  My backup shows up on the CB site but the upload time is wrong.  It shows 9:52 PM but I know it was hours earlier, probably closer to 4 or 4:30 because I was making dinner by 5.

You mention you cleaned up saved information, but I wonder if you got it all.

There are two places to check on the CB website.

One is My Account->My Comics should show the saved reports.

The other is My Account->Profile where the Known Databases are listed. (you may have to scroll down a bit to see them.

When you created the 2023 database, it may have gotten a new unique database id (you can find yours with Collection Statistics. then click on the database info icon in the top right corner).

There may be a mis-match causing CB to be confused which one to display.

Well that made it all more confusing.  There is nothing at all for any database in the mobile app and the renamed database isn't there.  

In My Account>My Comics, there are two other mysterious databases "ComicBase Database" and "ComicBase Database (1)."  The second one has no reports under it.  The 2022 and 2023 are in the drop down but both change back to the "ComicBase Database" and have the error message "Could not find a part of the path "C:\ReportStore\MedicAR\{3e...f9214}" next to the "Remove Report" button but I can view any of the reports.  If I select the "ComicBase Database" directly, it also has the message about the path.  

At a a glance, it looks like maybe one database has three names associated with it and has a fourth name that is empty.  

But then again, looking on My Profile page, all four databases are in the drop down but there are only two database ID numbers when I select any of them.  Just like on the "My Comics" page, the 2022 and 2023 change over to "ComicBase Database" when I select them.  Regardless of whether I select CB DB, 2022, or 2023, the ID number is the same, ending in d12d6.  If I select "ComicBase Database (1)" the ID number ends in f9214.  The f9214 ID is associated with the other database on the other page.  

Did I make that complicated enough?  I'm thinking the best answer is to go on the website and delete everything and start over, what do you think?

I deleted the first one on the drop down, "ComicBase Database" and it took 2022 and 2023 with it.  "ComicBase DataBase(1)" still has the ID ending in f9214.  Under "My Comics," everything is gone, not a database at all.  On the mobile app, all four databases are there but empty.  

I typed the update above and went back to confirm everything only to find that "ComicBase Database(1)" has nothing in it now.  The mobile app shows that it is the sole survivor of my purge.  It shows it empty though.  

It took a few minutes to spread everywhere but it appears to have worked!

• 1 month later...

Here we go again.  I tried saving reports to the web and got nothing.  I changed the name of my database and set Sidekick on it to back everything up.  Nothing showed up online.  I tried saving reports directly but nothing happened there either.  Sidekick has the new database saved in it and reports that it has saved to the web.  I have the "Save Reports" checked as well but absolutely nothing came up online.

The connection is good and I have no trouble getting downloads or browsing.  Nothing turns up on the app either.  

14 hours ago, Douglas W. McCratic said:

Here we go again.  I tried saving reports to the web and got nothing.  I changed the name of my database and set Sidekick on it to back everything up.  Nothing showed up online.  I tried saving reports directly but nothing happened there either.  Sidekick has the new database saved in it and reports that it has saved to the web.  I have the "Save Reports" checked as well but absolutely nothing came up online.

The connection is good and I have no trouble getting downloads or browsing.  Nothing turns up on the app either.  

We don't see any database linked to your online account at the moment. We would recommend launching the software, go the File Menu>Collection Statistics. This will give your overall stats for your database and also link your database to your online account. See if saving to web reports works after that. If you still have trouble, reach out to support@comicbase.com and provide the User ID you using in the software.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Posted (edited)

I'm back on this again.  

Online, both databases are in the drop down but even when I select the second one, it goes back to the first.  On the mobile app, both are available and I can select the second but neither has any reports available.  Prior to uploading today, I deleted all of my old reports which standard for me.  I've waited three hours for my latest uploads to show up but there's nothing there.  

It may be a matter of time again.

Edited by Douglas W. McCratic