Clean up for 01/31/2023 content update

The following Book titles were added to the database in the most recent content update.  These should have been added to the Comics media category.
•  Dennis the Menace: Ain’t Misbehavin’
•  Hi and Lois: Mama’s Home
•  Jeffy’s Lookin’ at Me!
Clearly there is a user out there who is continuing to submit these based on item construction rather than on item contents.  If the editorial team can figure out who that is, it might be worth dropping them an email.  

Also discovered the following titles (not added this week) that should be moved from Books to Comics:
•  Dennis the Menace: Surprise Package
•  Dennis the Menace: All-American Kid
•  Dennis the Menace: I Done It My Way
•  Can anybody verify whether the contents of Dennis the Menace, His First 40 Years are primarily contents or primarily text?

Given the ongoing issues with comic strip reprints ending up in Books rather than Comics, can anybody verify the contents of Dick Tracy's Fiendish Foes?  

There were a whole bunch of "Genius" Alex Toth books added, but I gather from @Steven L. Dasinger's posts on Slack that those will get cleaned up.  So if you have any of those books in your collection, I suggest sitting tight for the next week for HC to get that sorted out properly before entering them into your database.  

Added to the Comic Book category:  A Day in the Life of the Octopus.  That should really be Day in the Life of the Octopus, A
Having said, that, it looks like this might be a duplication of a title in the Comics category that is in fact indexed as Day in the Life of the Octopus, A.

Re: Dennis the Menace: His First 40 Years
GCD has this indexed with 217 out of 230 pages with comic story.

Re: Alex Toth 'Genius' books.
What needs to be cleaned up? (other than the typo of 'Live' instead of 'Life' in one of the titles I have already informed Mark about).
When I first looked, there were two titles. One in Comic Books ('Genius, Isolated: The Life and Art of Alex Toth' with 1 issue) and one in Books ('Genius Isolated: The Life & Art of Alex Toth; with 3 issues).
I asked HC how they wanted to handle this and it was decided to have individual Titles. They all have different enough names to justify ('Genius, Isolated...', 'Genius, Illustrated...', Genius, Animated...', and 'Genius, Collected' (which is a slip-case set of all 3 books)).
That is how I entered them then used Overall Title Name to 'link' them together.
(By the way, these are books about Alex Toth and not reprints of specific issues (although there are some of them included, also)).
PS I am typing this 'long' explanation for those who don't have access to Slack.

5 hours ago, Steven L. Dasinger said:

Re: Alex Toth 'Genius' books.
What needs to be cleaned up? (other than the typo of 'Live' instead of 'Life' in one of the titles I have already informed Mark about).
When I first looked, there were two titles. One in Comic Books ('Genius, Isolated: The Life and Art of Alex Toth' with 1 issue) and one in Books ('Genius Isolated: The Life & Art of Alex Toth; with 3 issues).
I asked HC how they wanted to handle this and it was decided to have individual Titles. They all have different enough names to justify ('Genius, Isolated...', 'Genius, Illustrated...', Genius, Animated...', and 'Genius, Collected' (which is a slip-case set of all 3 books)).
That is how I entered them then used Overall Title Name to 'link' them together.
(By the way, these are books about Alex Toth and not reprints of specific issues (although there are some of them included, also)).
PS I am typing this 'long' explanation for those who don't have access to Slack.

Jeez, I had no idea that there were so many *different* "Genius" books for Alex Toth.  Makes sense keeping the slipcase as a separate title since I gather that the individual books aren't numbered volumes.  

I also entered "Celebrated Cases of Dick Tracy 1931-1951, The" which is a 1990 reprint of a 1970 book (I'm sure related to the movie coming out at that time.) 

Content pages scan attached.  Also mostly reprints of strips, rather than text.

I entered "Miss Buxley: Sexism in Beetle Bailey?" as well.  I think that should remain a book.  While most pages have a strip reprint, it's more about the commentary below the strips on each page than the reprints.

(All these books I found remaindered, mostly in the '80s and '90s that I'm finally entering.  I miss the real Barnes & Noble Annex on 5th and (I think) 17th in NYC.  Found many books there over the years.)

CelebratedCasesofDickTracy-Contents.pdf

14 hours ago, James H. Dunlop said:

I added "Dick Tracy's Fiendish Foes!".

Here's the contents page scan.  Mostly strip reprints other than an 20 page interview with Chester Gould by Max Allan Collins.

I put it in as a book; I thought only "comics" were comics, not "comic strips". 🙂

DickTracysFiendishFoes-Contents.pdf 577.15 kB · 0 downloads

this title should be in 'Comic Books' if the majority of its content is comic strip pages

14 hours ago, James H. Dunlop said:

I also entered "Celebrated Cases of Dick Tracy 1931-1951, The" which is a 1990 reprint of a 1970 book (I'm sure related to the movie coming out at that time.) 

Content pages scan attached.  Also mostly reprints of strips, rather than text.

I entered "Miss Buxley: Sexism in Beetle Bailey?" as well.  I think that should remain a book.  While most pages have a strip reprint, it's more about the commentary below the strips on each page than the reprints.

(All these books I found remaindered, mostly in the '80s and '90s that I'm finally entering.  I miss the real Barnes & Noble Annex on 5th and (I think) 17th in NYC.  Found many books there over the years.)

CelebratedCasesofDickTracy-Contents.pdf 1.25 MB · 1 download

1st title sounds like it should be in Comic Books.

2nd title sounds like a Book title