column for notable items in comics?

Richard R. Scott

2 hours ago, Fred Slota said:

I think if something like this were implemented, it would probably go as another media, as in Books, Comicbooks, Magazines, Newspapers, Items, Misc., etc.

I don't think Richard is discussing cataloging actual physical cosmic cubes in the real world, I read his post as adding information about the appearances of objects in specific comic book issues.  So, no need to make a new media type.  

Assuming that I am correct, I would think that the Appearances field would be the best place for this, although @Mark J. Castaneda and the CB editorial team would be the ones to decide whether that is an appropriate use of that field.  

• Like 1

The Cosmic Cube is a good example, i.e., I track the appearance of a lot of such items in my database (Fortress of Solitude, Flying Newsroom, Phantom Zone ray projector, et al).  I place them in the 'Appearance' field.  Just have to refrain from submitting that particular issue update to the master database.  This works for me because I don't let the weekly update overwrite that field.  A while back I started using one of the custom fields for that purpose (as Mark suggests) and might eventually transfer all such object appearances to that custom field.  The 'appearance' field works fine for this, subject to the restrictions I described.

r/Mike

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Richard R. Scott said:

I would think notation could be useful to finding story info. I have to do research at times for items from comics. Having a list would defiantly help me. Avengers/Justice League anyone?

I'd be in favor of using the Appearances field for that info, but based on Mark's response you'll need to convince @Mark J. Castaneda and/or @Peter R. Bickford that this is a suitable use for the field.