ComicBase 2023 Sidekick - Unhandled exception

Samer Meshreki

• 3 months later...

Download/install the revised CB2023 program installer (v23.2.2.2901). Restart your computer afterwards and see if that helps.

If that doesn't work, try the following:

-using Sidekick's Optimize database option

-visits Sidekick setting's General Tab and review your database list. Make sure your main file(s) are all displayed with valid file paths. Use the + and - icons to adjust the list if needed.

-If none of suggest tips above don't work; then try using a backup copy of your database

If you still have trouble, message our support team at support@comicbase.com

Getting an email error answering Pete. So posting here...

Hi Pete.

I turned the firewall off. When I hit the "Save to Cloud" button I get the error immediately. Prior to this when Sidekick has been running I would wake up each morning and see that error. The last successful backup was 5/20. I always update (each week?) when any new updates come out.

Screenshot_3.jpg

image.thumb.png.66912946256a716a195a800454bd024e.png

the email for pete is correct. If your firewall is off, then it could be some sort of protection software blocking outgoing uploads and messages. You might also see if resetting your modem could help. Also visit Speedtest.net, and see if you're getting any kind of upload speed issues.

If you still have trouble, you can give Pete a call directly at 408-266-6883 ext 403

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, R B said:

Just updated to latest version and i'm getting a different unhandled exception.  File attached.

comicbase-sidekick-update-error.PNG

comicbase-sidekick-update-error.txt 9.56 kB · 0 downloads

-Fully exit out of Sidekick

-press and hold down the 'Ctrl' key on your keyboard then start up the main ComicBase software, this should force a reindex on your 'ComicBase Database' file.

-go into the software's internet menu>check for updates to apply the latest content update to it. If it goes smoothly then you should be okay.

If you still have trouble, please contact our support team directly at support@comicbase.com OR 408-266-6883