We Don't Kill Spiders #1/Q

Fred Slota

First, I will say just because something looks like it might have a connecting cover doesn't mean there is one.

However, in this case it is part of a triptych.

If you go 'The One Stop Shop' web site here ( https://tosscomics.com/search?q=we+don't+kill+spiders&type=product&product_cat=all ) and scroll to the bottom, it looks like Ben Bishop did do a triptych set of 3 covers but they are not connecting covers. (they are not in order but are labeled correctly (2 of 3, 1 of 3, 3 of 3).

Thank you.  These should get added.  Should they be 2/A and 3/A?  I primarily ask because #2 has a #2 and 2/B, but no current 2/A.

To your general sentiment, yes, visually a cover might have the earmarks of a connecting cover.  Usually (exceptions do happen), when I bring these up, I'm asking because there was already a statement in the Notes/Item Description and the cover really, really looks like it should.  In this case, the Item Description reads "The One Stop Shop Comics Exclusive Connecting Cover Variant Cover by Ben Bishop" and the arms begged for a body.

I am confused by why you say they are not connecting covers.  The arms, the smoke, the lightning, and the webs all look like they would reasonably link up, and thus these would be a true triptych.

I so far haven't asked in many cases where I think comments like this were in error.  Like the adjacent #1/P.  I'm waiting to look to see if they seem like copy-paste errors, and to post them all at once.  

• 2 weeks later...