WildC.A.T.s are Wild

Fred Slota

In lookin at connecting covers, I found myself in the title "WildC.A.Ts. (6th series)", and that looked odd.

Looking at the title on the cover of #1, It is punctuated with the third period after the "T", not the "s".

Looking at the list of titles, there's a number of different ways this team name is capitalized and punctuated.

Looking at the cover scans, okay, it looks like they were inconsistent.  But, I have to wonder if we've represented each of these as they were meant to be, specifically with the final "S" or "s".

For those that don't know the 'C.A.T. in WIldC.A.T.s stands for Cover Action Team (or Teams).

Technically, the creators should have made the title 'WildC.A.Ts.' but they didn't.

Per the indicia and cover, 'WildC.A.Ts. (6th Series)' should be 'WildC.A.T.s' (period after 'T' but not after 's').

I can't verify 'Absolute WildC.A.T.S. but I would be very surprised if there is actually a period after the 's'.

For all the rest, the 's' should be lower-case. (this can be confusing since a lot of covers and most indicia use all upper-case).

Even more confusing, some of those covers use s font of all upper-case-shaped characters with mixed sizes that imply Upper-upper case and Lower-upper case.

Question on your last sentence...  I thought, for ComicBase purposes, an incorrect indicia trumped proper syntax, grammar, punctuation, loic, or consistency with other titles?

• 2 weeks later...