Ability to submit cover scan corrections that are smaller or the same size as the existing scan.

Fred Slota

As far as I know, there is no automated way to submit corrections of these kinds

1. Current scan is not cropped, either with extra edge graphics or the bare scanner bed.  Correction will probably be smaller.
  2. Current scan is a collage when the book is only a portion of the collage.  Correction will probably be smaller.
  3. Current scan is for the wrong book.  Correction might be smaller or same size.
  4. Current scan needs a rotation.  Correction will probably be the same size.

I understand the normal process can avoid sending if the image is not larger, but a manual override can be useful in some circumstances.

Yes... I understand we can do that...

I'm suggesting an additional in program way to do this that could fit better in the flow of user and the ComicBase editorial system.

Instead of the user copying the picture(s) into an e-mail, typing a message which might or might not contain typos or misinformation, and then requiring the editorial team to open the individual e-mails, read and understand the message, find title(s) and issue(s) in question and copy the pictures over.

If users are allowed to upload scans that are smaller than what is in the database, there is the potential for a lot of incorrect things to get submitted, especially since there are "correction points" associated with scan submissions.  It actually has the potential to balloon into a bigger workload problem than just submitting an email to correct scans that need cropping etc.