New Purchase Error Due to Item Not Found

Kenneth Horneman

I have an item that I scanned on the mobile app. I was unable to find the comic when searching by name, but scanning the barcode was successful and I added it that way. However, when I go to download new purchases, I now get an error message stating that the item can't be found and none of my new purchases get loaded. I have tried removing the new purchase by adding it again with a -1 in the amount but that didn't fix the problem. I have attached a picture of both the bar code, and the item as it is pulled up in the mobile app. At this stage, I would be happy to just know how to remove this item from my purchases so I can download the rest of the purchases, then later deal with this item's status in the database.

Kenny

20230526_094446.jpg

Screenshot_20230526-094435.jpg

Ok, I don't know if I fixed the problem or not. I updated my desktop app, once to update the software and once to pull in new titles. I was now able to import the purchases. This particular title is now one of the titles I can find. However, if I open the title up to see if the import work, I get the (new?) stamp album view and I can't tell if I own a copy or not. If I try to run a collection report from there, I get an error saying that no items match my selection criteria. Curiously, if I view one of my other series, the view is the normal view that I'm used to seeing, and I can successfully create a collection report. Also, I still can't find the title on my mobile app when I search by name.

Kenny

Screenshot 2023-05-26 105706.png

Ok, sorry to keep updating this, but I seem to finally be solving my own problems. It looks like this item is listed as a "book" even though it has the form of a comic book, and the content is a bunch of comic book covers. This doesn't really explain why the barcode scanner was able to find it when my mobile app doesn't seem to know about books in general, but it does explain the different view shown above and the fact that I can't generate a collection report from there. Should this be classified as a comic book? I will leave that to you to decide, although I think "yes" since it's published by Marvel and clearly in comic book form. It's certainly as much a comic book as Marvel Age was. By the way, I'm unable to add this item, even as a book, from the desktop app. If I click on the particular version, I get an "unhandled exception" database error. Do I have to have a separate database for books?

Kenny

My last update...maybe... Thanks to the other thread I opened, I have verified that I can double click on other "books" to open them up and change quantities. However, the above described book continues to give me a database error when I try to open the book to modify the quantity. This isn't much help since it doesn't give the keys or the table name, but the stack trace for the error is below.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'Single' is not valid.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToSingle(Object Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   at ProjectX.Book.ReadSQLProperties(SQLiteDataReader reader)
   at ProjectX.Book..ctor(Int32 ID)
   at ProjectX.FrmMain.VB$StateMachine_306_AlbumItem_Clicked.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()