Problems installing

John Mulcahy

Installed the new Pro 2020. I uploaded the file for Pictures and started loading my comics. I had an older version(2015) on a backup hard drive and thought I could use what I had from before. I never finished putting in my collection from 2015; maybe a 1/4 of what I have. It did not work. I was having issues using the original version of pro 2020 so I uninstalled everything and reinstalled. Now I don't even have a library to load any comics. When I type in a comic it does not find it; like it has no data base. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times now when I try to open pro 2020 it does not open at all? What did I do or how do I start from scratch. I do not mind inputting all my comics again.

we got your email concerning this. Sharing our reply in case anyone has similar trouble:

You may not be loading in the right database file...

In ComicBase 2020, go to the File Menu>File Tools>ComicBase Database Manager – this will search your entire computer for all database files and give you a hard instock total each. The process can take a few minutes to track down all your databases but naturally pick the database with that has the most comics in it as your database going forward.

Now I have  new issue. I tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling it but it wont open after installation. It goes to the load screen with my name and code then immediately drops down to the task bar. If I right click it to try reopening it , I get an alert saying you can't open two at the same time. If I hover my mouse over the icon in the task bar to preview the screen it is blanked out???

a couple of people have reported this issue in the past... not sure what the cause is. Sounds like the program is getting minimized when it starts up on your taskbar. If you press & hold down the 'shift' key on your keyboard then right-click with your mouse over the CB icon on your taskbar, see if you see the 'maximize' option - it should allow you to fully display the software on-screen.

• 1 month later...