Error Saving Changes to Selling Price in Add by Barcode Window

James Buck

I am starting to add my entire inventory to the database, and using Add by Barcode more often than not.  I prefer to change the grade and price as I go, which led me to discover the following glitch.

The "Add by Barcode" feature does not allow you to save a modified price in the selling price field if you do not change the condition.  As I add issues I often set a different selling price - if I leave the default condition "Near Mint" the selling price that I modified in that window reverts back to a calculated price when saving the added issues to the software.  When I change the condition in the "Add by Barcode" window, the modified selling price flows through correctly after adding.  Please let me know if there is another way to save the updated selling price with a Near Mint condition.

ComicBase V20.0.2.3210

Thanks!

Jim

This does sound like a bug to me and I have verified the same problem on my system.

As a temporary work-around,  check the box by "Display items after saving" on the Add by Barcode window.

After you save from that window, a 'find' result will be displayed with all the items you just entered.  At this point, you can change the Price (Selling Price) values and they will be saved.

(this is a little extra work as you have to go back to the each issue after scanning to make the changes instead of just scanning, change value for the issue in hand.)

Thank you for the reply and confirmation, now I know it is not just in my setup.  I am currently doing very similar to what you have mentioned, with the addition of immediately selecting all and marking so I do not lose the set to a shift in focus.  If needed I can easily recall the set, and continue making the pricing changes.  But this is definitely in the workaround category and I am hoping a fix can be implemented in a future build.

ComicBase Tech Support please keep me posted.  Thanks!

Jim