Validating Autographs

Is there a way to have signatures on a comic cover validated?

I recently picked up a set of Harley Quinn issues. One of them appears to have been signed by the writer as well as the artist. I've seen autographed issues inside ComicBase, but I don't know the verification process used (if there was one).

Thanks!

I believe all the signed issues in CB have a COA (Certificate of Authenticity). This normally comes when you buy the signed issue from a company that supplies it at the time of the sale.

For the randomly signed issues (i.e. someone took issues to a convention and an artist just signed it without any COA), they are not supposed to be entered into CB.

There may be some service you can send you issue to and have them verify (and issue a COA?) but I don't know of any.

On 5/24/2020 at 2:36 PM, Steven L. Dasinger said:

For the randomly signed issues (i.e. someone took issues to a convention and an artist just signed it without any COA), they are not supposed to be entered into CB.

Just to clarify, "randomly signed" issues without a COA shouldn't be entered into the master ComicBase database (i.e., the database that you see on the Atomic Avenue website). 

You can certainly track such items in your own personal collection in CB as you see fit.