Category changes

The following items should have category changes:

The Pirates and the Mouse:  move from comics to books

The Standard Catalog of Comic Books:  move from comics to books (this would follow the convention of the Overstreet Price Guide, which is listed under books)

Cons de Fée: The Erotic Art of Wallace Wood:  consider moving from books to comics (contains reprints of single panel cartoons, covers, and a number of complete comic stories)

• 2 months later...

The following should have a category change:

The All-Star Companion:  move from comics to books

I Have to Live with This Guy:  move from comics to books

The Batcave Companion:  move from comics to books

Comic Book Fever: A Celebration of Comics 1976-1986:  move from comics to books

Comics Gone Ape: The Missing Link to Primates in Comics:  move from comics to books

I would suggest checking all of the TwoMorrows titles to verify that they are all posted in the correct category.  

As a side note:  when I go to the TwoMorrows search results on Atomic Avenue, not all TwoMorrows titles appear.  It seems like only the titles currently categorized as comics show up there.  This has the effect of hiding sellers' non-comics inventory from potential buyers, and that is obviously not helpful.  I would recommend that the AA team prioritize getting a fix for that.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why are 1984 Magazine and 1994 Magazine (both from Warren) listed as magazines?  The content are comics in essentially the same format as things like the Creepy (Magazine) and Eerie (Warren) titles, so they should be categorized as comics.  1984 and 1994 are magazines only in terms of their construction, not in terms of their content.  

5 minutes ago, Gregory Hecht said:

Why are 1984 Magazine and 1994 Magazine (both from Warren) listed as magazines?  The content are comics in essentially the same format as things like the Creepy (Magazine) and Eerie (Warren) titles, so they should be categorized as comics.  1984 and 1994 are magazines only in terms of their construction, not in terms of their content.  

Ok...will shift them to Comics

This entry in Comics should be moved to Books. It is the prose novel version of the comics. I tried creating an entry for it in Books, but I keep getting an error dialog box: Can't Save Issue: Had trouble saving this issue: constraint failed FOREIGN KEY constraint failed.

*Seemed to have fixed error by naming the entry "Batman: The Ultimate Evil (Novel)".

Last Run, The:  listed as Comic Book, should be moved to Book category.  

Gentleman's Game, A:  listed as Comic Book should be moved to Book category.  
[Note that I just submitted the hardcover version of this as a book from my database, so what you'll really want to do is move this item into the new book title after you accept my submission.  I am guessing that the $7.99 item already listed in the database is a MMPB rather than a TPB, but you might want to double-check that.]  

Surprisingly, Private Wars wasn't in the database so I submitted the data for the hardcover of that book.  If anybody has the paperback, they should submit that data.  

The following titles are listed in the database as books but should be listed as comics:

Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - Marvel's Agents of SHIELD Season Three/Marvel's Agent Carter Season Two

Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - Marvel's Agents of SHIELD Season Two/Marvel's Agent Carter Season One

Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - Marvel's Avengers

Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron

Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - Marvel's Captain America: Civil War

Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - Marvel's Captain America: The First Avenger

Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - Marvel's Captain America: The Winter Soldier/Marvel's Ant-Man

Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - Marvel's Doctor Strange

Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - Marvel's Incredible Hulk/Iron Man 2

Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - Marvel's Iron Man

Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - Marvel's Iron Man 3/Marvel's Thor: The Dark World

Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - Marvel's Thor

Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (a hardcover which collects a bunch of the above comics)

All of them are basically OHOTMU for the early MCU films.  No other changes for any of these (even if they have different punctuation than what I typed up above), just change their category to comics.  

Here are a few titles that need category changes:

Akira Club: listed under Comic Books, should be moved to Books. It's an art book, if anything.

Aliens: Tribes: listed under Comic Books, should be moved to Books. It's a prose novel with fully painted illustrations in each chapter.

Batman: Murder at Wayne Manor: move from Comic Books to Books. 

Batman: The Complete History : move from Comic Books to Books, along with...

Superman: The Complete History , and...

Wonder Woman: The Complete History, to finish the Trinity.

DC Comics: Sixty Years of the World's Favorite Comic Book Heroes: belongs in Books.

Grendel: Past Prime: move to Books. This is a novel with illustrations.

Wayne of Gotham: move to books, a straight-out novel with no illustrations.

• 2 weeks later...

The various "100 Project" publications are essentially all art books rather than comics.  A couple of these are listed in the database as Books, but most are still in the Comics category.  The following should be moved from Comics to Books:

• The Batman 100 Project
  • The Fantastic Four 100 Project
  • The Hulk 100 Project
  • Justice League of America 100 Project
  • The New Avengers 100 Project
  • The Ultimate Spider-Man 100 Project
  • The Uncanny X-Men 100 Project
  • The Walking Dead 100 Project
  • Wolverine: The Weapon X 100 Project
  • The Wonder Woman 100 Project

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Misadventures of Jane is listed in the database as a book.  It primarily contains reprinted comic strips, so it should be listed in the Comic Book category.  

Wally Wood: Dare-Devil Aces, Commandos & Other Sagas of War is listed in the database as a book.  It reprints comic book stories, so it should be listed in the Comic Book category.  

• 2 weeks later...