Collection Report of "Wanted" comics

Alan DeCamp

Using ComicBase 2020 version 20.0.0.3433 and Windows 7 Ultimate

When I try to create a report showing wanted issues I only get two titles showing a single issue each. 

I have verified that I have quite a few more issues, in various titles, with the wanted checkbox checked.

The two issues that show up in the report are issues that I have in stock, I'm just looking for better copies.

I have used this function before without problems, However, it has been awhile, but I was able to do the report using CB2020 before, I just don't know what update caused the problem.

I have tried to run the report using "titles I own" as well as, "Selected Titles" (selecting ALL titles in CB as well as individual titles that I know have selected wanted issues)

Anyone else having this problem?

Using v3418 I seem to have the same problem.

Collection Report
Click Selected Title.
Click Choose...
Click All Titles.
Highlight all Titles and click OK (59, 498 chosen)
Click List Only Wanted Items.

Click Preview

Nothing is found.

If I use Find->Issue Item Wanted, All the items with Wanted Checked are found.

In the previous version of CB (2017), the collection list would generate a "wanted only" list comprised of BOTH items in AND not in stock.  For example, if I wanted to start collecting a comic series that I had never before collected, I would simply mark the issues as wanted and then generate the report.  Why can't CB 2020 still do this?

I figured out how to make a wanted list the following way:

Report > Item Checklists

Titles to Print > Titles I own

Report Items > Items in my collection

List only wanted items

This will generate a report of all your Wanted books (those books you have check marked), including titles you have and those you don't have. 

If you already have an issue it will let you know what you already have or, in my case, show what books you forgot to uncheck after purchase.

Hope that helps.

On 6/2/2020 at 12:41 PM, Peter R. Bickford said:

A Collection Report is by definition, a list of comics in your collection already--it's not the ones you're looking for. The report you likely want is either an Issue Checklist, or a Title Report/Collection Overview.

-Pete

Hi Pete,

The collection report has a checkbox to only show wanted items. This has worked for me before without a problem (even using CB2020). 

Also, Saw your new video (missed it Live), you did a great job and I subscribed to be able to see your next one. However, I think you need to wear headphones and have your speakers off. When the video was just on you, there was a faint echo in the sound. When you changed to the computer view, the echo was gone.

Thanks!

Alan

20 hours ago, Kaleb Swenson said:

I figured out how to make a wanted list the following way:

Report > Item Checklists

Titles to Print > Titles I own

Report Items > Items in my collection

List only wanted items

This will generate a report of all your Wanted books (those books you have check marked), including titles you have and those you don't have. 

If you already have an issue it will let you know what you already have or, in my case, show what books you forgot to uncheck after purchase.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Kaleb! I will give that a try if the regular way isn't available anymore.

Alan