delay in updating totals when exiting the program

Michael R. Wagner

For the past couple of weeks, when I close the application and the "updating totals" window displays, the activity bar doesn't show any activity and the program freezes for 3-4 minutes minimum.  It eventually closes and saves the file.  I'm wondering if the problem is an issue with my machine or if updating the totals involves some interface with the CB server, and then if the problem is at my end or the CB end.  Any thoughts?

r/

Mike

Thanks, Mark - those conditions make sense.  I infer from your response that there's no exchange occurring between my machine and your servers when exiting.

I posted this topic/question because nothing has changed with my machine and the programs that are typically open when I'm working in my db, but the delay in exiting is a recent change that now occurs every time I close the program.

• 2 months later...

I've had this issue as well, taking in excess of 5 minutes for the "updating totals" window to go away.  I have an SSD. This began after upgrading to the most recent version.  Prior to that it would close out in seconds.  It does this even if I have made no changes to inventory, only a search and then exit.

The forced update of totals happens once a day, or when you generate stats/a report (so long as it happens at least once that day). Typically, it only takes a few seconds--if it's taking several minutes, there's some sort of performance issue at work on your machine (try temporarily turning off any anti-virus/security software--these tend to be the biggest performance drains).

We're also looking into ways to have Sidekick handle this in future versions, so that the update never gets in your way during normal ComicBase usage.

-Pete