Unhandled exception error when trying to print

JAMES PARISE

make sure you're using our revised CB2020 program installer (v20.0.2.3663) that you can download/install from your online account here: https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/Registrations.aspx

*be sure to turn off any software protection programs like Norton or MacAfee before you run the installer as they can sometimes block a full installation.

If you still have trouble, please email us at support@comicbase.com for more immediate response from our tech support team.

• 1 month later...

i just downloaded (Build 3779) and loaded it this morning and got the same error noted above when trying to print or print preview anything.

Turned off my Norton Firewall, re-installed the same build (using the Repair option) and I'm still getting the same error.

Any more suggestions?

It looks like you're having a problem with the report engine  (crpe32.dll) not being able to load on your system. Unfortunately, this sort of system-level issue is very hard to troubleshoot, as it typically points to an error or conflict on your Windows install. If disabling all your anti-virus/security software and uninstalling/reinstalling ComicBase doesn't set things right, your best shot may be to try it on a different machine, or even consider doing a clean install of Windows.

(FWIW: Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft. For safety reasons alone, I'd strongly recommend moving to Windows 10. As a bonus, that'll also likely fix this issue).

Best,

-Pete

On 8/13/2020 at 4:17 PM, Peter R. Bickford said:

It looks like you're having a problem with the report engine  (crpe32.dll) not being able to load on your system. Unfortunately, this sort of system-level issue is very hard to troubleshoot, as it typically points to an error or conflict on your Windows install. If disabling all your anti-virus/security software and uninstalling/reinstalling ComicBase doesn't set things right, your best shot may be to try it on a different machine, or even consider doing a clean install of Windows.

(FWIW: Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft. For safety reasons alone, I'd strongly recommend moving to Windows 10. As a bonus, that'll also likely fix this issue).

Best,

-Pete

Understand about getting into the innards of Windows for this one.  However, I was printing fine with Professional 2017 - did something change to Professional 2020 in this area?

I have several applications that will not run at all or properly on Windows 10, so that is why I have not moved to 10.

For now, I am using the Reports, Export, Save as HTML option.  Once in HTML, I can convert to pdf.

Thanks for responding and I will keep checking back here to see if anyone is able to solve this without resorting to the Win10 upgrade.