prompts for cover uploads

Michael R. Wagner

I've been adding Golden Age issues to my collection through the day, all 1940s and 1950s issues.  Several of them showed no cover in my database, and when I tried to download one, I received the "we don't have one" popup window.  So, I scanned my own copy, added it, and then submitted it for review.  Every time, I received the "thanks for your submittal" popup window, but never once got the dialog box asking if I want to upload my cover - which is unusual, since from your end I was told you didn't have that cover.  Any thoughts on why this is happening?  And, should I submit the covers some other way?

r/

Mike

15 hours ago, Steven L. Dasinger said:

If you were presented the dialog box of "Do you Want to Submit Your Cover" (not exact text but close enough) and you clicked Yes, the the cover was submitted.

If I am understanding the OP correctly, he is saying that he did not get that initial dialog box asking about cover submission.  

The situation continues, so today I went to the AA listings to check for cover status.  I don't have a cover scan of Popular Comics #103 (Sep 1944) in my picture folder, so I attempted to download it from the CB database.  The dialog box opened with the "no cover available" message.  However, when I went to this issue on AA, the listing includes a cover scan.  I thought CB and AA shared a common repository for covers, i.e., if a cover is available to show in AA, then that cover is available to download for a user's personal database.  Is this not the case?

r/

Mike

Continuing from the previous post - I submitted for review a cover scan of my copy, no prompt to ask if I wanted to send the cover.  Then, I replaced it with a big-ass version of the same scan.  This version did prompt the dialog box telling me that I have a cover scan bigger than what CB has, and would I like to upload it now - which I did.  It appears that I'm getting the "no cover available" when there is, in fact, a cover available, and presumably I'm not being asked if I want to upload a cover I created because the covers I create are smaller than what CB already has.  I understand the software not wanting a cover that is smaller than what CB already has, but none of this explains why I get the "no cover available" message when I attempt to download a cover.  I'll add here that I'm only trying to download a cover that I don't already have in my picture folder.

r/

Mike

Here's another piece of information to add to the mystery - I encountered the same problem with Shadow Comics #34 (Vol. 3 #10) this morning, and upon checking AA, I see that there is a cover scan available on the site.  What's ironic is that it's a cover scan I uploaded previously; I know it's mine because of the "Bidwell" scribbled in pencil on the cover.  I have that copy in front of me.  However, my original scanned image is no longer in my picture folder and when I try to download it, I get the "no cover available" message.

1.  I open a title, of which I have some of its issues and covers.

2.  I click on the far left box of a row to highlight the row.

3.  With the row highlighted, I right-click my cursor and select "Download Cover."  The pop-up window appears "No new or larger covers for the selected items are currently available"

This has been happening regardless of whether the quantity cell contains '1' or '0' (re: step #2).

r/

Mike