Deleting bad data

Craig A. Guerin

Hi 

I've noticed that there is wrong data at times in the cover date, Artist & Writer.

When I delete the wrong data, it still tries to search for the data because the search list still includes it.

eg do a item search for artist and the first option is .

The artist list is massive so how do I refresh the list so that it doesn't show these errors and not find them either.

Do I need to submit each mistake, wait for it to be accepted and hope the search list no longer includes it

Hope that makes sense. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes. For the most part, individuals need to correct the errors and submit them.  It may take awhile for the corrections to be reviewed / updated. Until then, the mistakes will come back with the next update.

You can run  File->File Tools - Rebuild Lists, Item Information to update the indexes after you have made changes to remove them from searches.

Thanks Steven 

I already did this and it still brings up the same search list. Its like it remembers there used to be something, tries to find it and doesn't succeed. I tried closing and re-opening and it didn't refresh the list. Has anybody else tried to clean the drop down list so that only legitament writers or Artists show up?

Craig, I find the same situation you describe, re: a corrected error still showing up in the search list, but yielding negative results if I search on it after I've made the correction(s).  Rebuilding the list to update the index as Steven recommended fixes that, at least, it always has for me - until the error recurs in the master database and gets downloaded into my database.