No Cover Image for First Issues

Andrew d’Entremont

I've been going through my collection over the past few weeks and noticed something odd in ComicBase. For some reason no cover image has been downloaded for the first issue in almost every series I have.  All the other covers are there except for the first one. It's not a big deal as I can still download them manually, but I just find it strange that none of the first issue covers are installed. Any idea why this might be? I'm runnin the 2020 Archive Edition, v20.0.3.3829.

If you give some examples, I can check my database to see if the same ones are missing.

Have you checked the actual picture folder to see if the cover exists? One thing that might have happened (although not likely for so many occurrences) if if the Item number was changed (i.e. from 1 to 1/A).  If it did, the cover would not be displayed but it could still exist (with a different name) in the folder.

I just went to "Questprobe"  and "The Ray" and both don't have an image for the first issue. In the case of "The Ray" issue #0 is the first issue and it doesn't have a cover. And just to be sure I went to a "Silver Sable", which doesn't have any variants for the first issue, and the cover image for the first issue is once again missing. 

Right clicking on an issue with a missing cover reveals that the "Show Picture Folder" option is greyed out and unavailable so it's pretty clear that the cover image doesn't exist.  Just to be sure I double checked the picture folder and it is indeed not there. 

It should also be noted that I've only been looking at titles for which I actually own issues issues.  I'm, not sure if this is true for all titles. 

Okay. I checked the three Titles you mentioned and I do have the covers (and I didn't download them manually). So I am not sure what is going on for you.

However, having the "Show Picture Folder" greyed out does NOT sound correct. Whenever I right-click on the large picture area (top left corner),, mine is never greyed out. I have tried Titles with covers, Titles without any covers, first selecting an Issue (for Titles with covers) and first selecting an Issue (for Titles without any covers).