New Images Missing

Joe Akers

I have noticed the new images / scans are not coming over in the updates. I update weekly and used to receive all the latest images in the update file. Now I am only getting am image file for the first issue and none of the variants. In addition, other cover scan added during the week are not in the update file. I can download these images manually by clicking on the title and them download image.  

We typically only get the regular cover of most new comics on their release week. Overtime we get the variants added in future content updates.

Every week's new content update includes a batch of new covers and old covers; doesn't include the previous weeks' batches of covers - you'll have to manually download covers that you might have missed in older updates.

make sure you're running the most update version for CB2020 (v20.0.3.3829), you can download/install the revised installer for it here: https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/Registrations.aspx

*if you update your database via ComicBase Sidekick, double-check your content update settings that the download cover option is checked too before you run your next update.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 4:56 PM, Steven L. Dasinger said:

If it helps, this weeks update (30 Oct), for me, had 757 covers downloaded.

To count them, I copied from the update log and pasted to a spreadsheet.

You can compare and see is you have about the same number. If it is a significantly smaller number, then something is going on.

I've been looking for the update log. Where is it stored?