psychic typing not working anymore

Brian J. Stewart

My main PC with CB20 (build 2743) now longer does psychic typing in the Find dialog, and I'm not sure why unless I accidentally disabled it.      But it works fine on my convention 2-n-1 tablet, and the screen capture below is an example just to make sure everyone gets understands my context.

image.png.f6f587c59ceb5057756f47940780e92c.png

Any ideas on how to get this back to working?    When I type it matches nothing, but I can type a full or partial name and hit enter, and the find box loads the closet match just nothing displays like my working example above.

image.png

I can't quite follow the problem. Per the two attached images, it looks like it is working (I get the same list as show when I type the displayed text).

One thing to try is run Rebuild Lists for Series Information (for the specific problem you are having).

For some information, I have noticed that just making a change doesn't mean it is available for Find. It is like the database information is scanned to make the Find information and the Find information is 'static' (meaning the database info can change but doesn't automatically update the find information). Running Rebuild Lists seems to refresh the find information.

3 hours ago, Steven L. Dasinger said:

One thing to try is run Rebuild Lists for Series Information (for the specific problem you are having).

Yes, "Rebuild series list"  crashes for me, some of the other rebuild options do not crash.  I've reported this to tech support since beta days.   So I can't tell if that will help if it won't complete with throwing a .net DBNull error.

Edited by Brian J. Stewart