CB2021 - installation/start up trouble

Mark J. Castaneda

Herb, you shouldn't have to run the System Restore. Just Uninstall CB. (Not saying System Restore is a bad idea but, it is kind of a sledgehammer option (but sometimes you DO need a sledgehammer...)).

However, with CB 2020 installed, you should be able to Check for Updates and get CB 2021 installed (can't recall if you need to download/install or if the install starts up automatically).

I downloaded the CB21 file directly from Registrations page.  Install wizard began as usual, but was interrupted by dialog box stating "the specified account already exists".  The update aborts.  I then went and uninstalled my existing CB20 program entirely.  Retried the CB21 update.  Same result.

I then retreated to download the CB20 from registrations page and went to install.  Same result still.

I no longer have an optical drive so original CB discs are beer coasters.

Now I am left with ZERO Comicbase access of any version!  Please help.

Screenshot 2020-12-05 104104.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-05 104150.jpg

Log_MSI93D8.LOG

Having trouble with backing up to the same database of CB . this occurs every time there is a brand new version out. ALSO, Avengers (Marvel 1st series) the Annuals are not listed , at least not showing in my program. I will try to attach the photos of the issues to this message, otherwise I will call you Monday afternoon.

I tried to send the photos of the issue I am having, but, it did not send/receive on your end. I will try again later. For some reason I have a red "x" next to ComicBase, possibly a lock out problem...I did nothing to warrant that. I just downloaded the upgrade and the rest is history. sorry for the trouble, appreciate the help

On 12/5/2020 at 8:38 AM, Myron W. Taylor said:

I downloaded the CB21 file directly from Registrations page.  Install wizard began as usual, but was interrupted by dialog box stating "the specified account already exists".  The update aborts.  I then went and uninstalled my existing CB20 program entirely.  Retried the CB21 update.  Same result.

I then retreated to download the CB20 from registrations page and went to install.  Same result still.

I no longer have an optical drive so original CB discs are beer coasters.

Now I am left with ZERO Comicbase access of any version!  Please help.

Screenshot 2020-12-05 104104.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-05 104150.jpg

Log_MSI93D8.LOG 2.3 MB · 1 download

Hey Myron, email our team at support@comicbase.com. Provide the User ID you're currently using for your account and we'll see if there's any issues with it. We wonder if you may have more than 1 account with us.

• 4 months later...

Windows 7 64bit install problem:

(also submitted to support@comicbase.com)

I'm trying to load the latest version of ComicBase 2021 Pro (v21.0.2.1786) onto a Windows 7 computer.
See the attached for the error.  Ignoring this error only leads to more errors concerning Crystal reports.
I've tried to install/remove/install serveral times with no change.

Also tried suggestion here for this error:

same as here:

and got the same error

install-error.png

Edited by Richard Blaine

Hey guys, I tried installing the latest update, and it failed. It states it cannot remove an older version of Comicbase. I then tried to manually uninstall the program. That just uninstalled just enough to not run Comicbase at all any more, and it still won't install the version. Any advice?

I am running Windows 10 64 bit.