Questions when importing from Iphone App

John Vazquez

I searched around for the following question and didn't seem to find the answer.  When adding items to your database from your iphone, is there a way to get a list of what you are adding when you go to your desktop and check for new sales and purchases?  If the number looks off from what you think scanned, is there a way to delete that batch?  Finally, is there a way to run a report by date added?

Sorry for the basic questions, but with a newborn and a 2.5 year old sometimes I get interrupted mid-batch.  At times it could be days before I get back to trying to import items.  Im just trying to find ways to make sure my data is clean in my database.

Thank you in advance for any help.

The items from the phone hang out as "unprocessed" until they're synched with your home database via Check for New sales and Purchases. There isn't currently a way to get a report of what you just added, although it's a decent idea for the future. 

It's maybe worth noting that the iPhone app is cool, but it's not great for heavy data entry due to the mechanics of steadying your phone as you scan a barcode, etc. -- it's really _much_ faster to use a real barcode scanner for heavy work. The iPhone/Android app is most at home doing more casual entry (like when you're at a show and stuck in a hotel room with your new purchases).

-Pete

John, I don't use this feature so I am not sure if this will help or not.

If you want to 'not process' what you have on the phone, one thing you might do is create another 'dummy' database (change the Theme so it is obvious it is not your actual database).

Then, with the dummy database open, import/process the items on the phone into this dummy database. This should (theoretically) process/clear the items.

Then close that database and open your real one.